Chapter 12

Layla POV
"The plan is simple. You and Ina escape out the window and start up the car. I distract the reptiles saying that I'm just a housekeeper and make my way out the side door unharmed. If anything happens to me, don't come back and get me. These people we're dealing with will kill all of you and I can't have that happen. Clear?" I tell them and Ina nods her head even though I know she's not going to leave me here. Beckett nods his head too and they make there way to the window.

I open the door to the bedroom and close it behind me. I walk down the hallway and feel my heart pick up. I hope this works.

I stand at the top of the stairs and notice about 5 guys all rummaging through my stuff .

I walk down the stairs and all five guys looked up at me. Their faces made me shiver. Scars and wrinkles covers their faces like masks. Most had long curly white/brown beards and big tummies.

They wore dirty jeans and plaid shirts that were busting at the buttons. They had leather jackets over top with the reptile logo on the back of them.

One guy had the tattoo on his face like Beckett said. He looked the scariest out of all of them.

" Look who we have here" One of the younger men grumbled. He looked to be about 40 and he still had a brown beard.

He walked up to me but I stood my ground and lifted my chin up.

" I'm just the housekeeper here. Don't mean to intrude. I'll just be going" I state while taking a step forward.

All guys incircle me and I feel trapped. The brown beard one speaks up first.

" We can't let you leave. You've seen too much"

My knees start to quiver and I feel sweat run down my back.

" I'm not here to start problems, all I do is clean. Aren't you the owners?" I pretend to act dumb so they can let me by.

The men look at each other and then the one with the face tattoo begins to talk.

" We are. Well I am. It seems like I'll need your help though" He grumbles out. His voice sent chills down my spine.

" Actually, I'll be back later tonight. But I really do have to go." I say while I try to step aside and make my way out.

The tattooed face man grabs my arm and pulls me to him.

" Don't walk away from me" He angrily says. I glare at him and try to rip my arm away from him.

" Don't touch me" I spit out at him and finally rip my arm away.

" No more Mr. Nice guy" He smirks while grabbing my neck with his big gross hands.

He holds me up against the wall and I feel my face turn red. I scratch at his hands on my neck, desperately trying to get him to release.

My eyes go wide as I believe I'm going to die. The only thought that was going through my head was Grayson. He would know what to do now. Wait, what would Grayson do?

An idea comes to mind and I use my knee to kick him in the balls. The man let's go and we both fall to the floor.

The men that were watching storm over to me and the brown bearded man grabs my arm.

He yanks me closer to him and slaps my face. I wince and take a few deep breathes.

I jab my elbow into his gut, making him let go of me and loose his balance. I then spin around and kick him so he sure falls down.

A guy comes at my from behind and I elbow him in the neck causing him to go straight down and cough violently.

Two guys charge at me at once and they both go to swing at me. I duck and they swing at each other and grumble while they look at their bloodied hands.

Before the men could get up fro the floor I bolt out the side door and see Ina and Beckett sitting in the car. Ina opens the side door and I jump in and Beckett speeds off. I grab ahold of the swinging car door and close it. I huff out a long breath and look at the house.

The men stumbled out the door but didn't bother coming after us.

Ina looks back at me sitting in the back seat and smiles.

" Never knee you were so bada*s" Ina smiles while she hands me a paper she must have found.

" This is a map of where all the reptiles head bases are. This is where they are headed. Pack your bags Layla, we are heading out tomorrow" Ina states looking back at the road in front of her.

I sigh and slump back into my seat. I'm coming for you Grayson.

A/N
I know! I know! I haven't posted in yearssssss. I'm so sorry and I'm thankful you've stuck with me this far.

I promise I'll get an updating schedule in August.

Updates may stall a little just because I'm hitting writers block lol. I know where I want the book to go but don't know how to make it happen.

Anyway, Vote and comment what you think!

Xoxo, Laura