Chapter 15

Today was the day. The day we would set out on our mission to find Grayson.

"Tell me why we are finding him and not the cops?" Beckett nervously asks while Ina packs the van. I go to lift a bag but instantly get stopped by Beckett.

"You are not to lift heavy things while pregnant" Beckett says taking the bag out of my hands. I stare at him dumbfounded.

"That's for later in the pregnancy, I'm only two months" I tell him. It was sweet how Beckett had stepped up and played the role of a supporting boyfriend. Of course without the romance. But he helped fill in the hole that was in my heart. But nobody could fill the hole completely. Only Grayson.

"Ok! We are all packed" Ina says shutting the trunk of the van. I stare up into the sky and take a deep breath. I'm coming Grayson.

"Can we make a quick stop at Calli's house? I want to tell them the good news personally and  say my goodbyes." I express to Ina and Beckett and they nod in agreement.

Half an hour later we arrived at her two bedroom apartment. Ina and Beckett wait in the car as I travel up to the third floor.

I knock on her door and wait anxiously for someone to answer.

The door opens and Alli stands there with a shocked expression.

"LAYLA!" She screams happily and instantly embraces me into a hug. Abbi races over to the door and joins the hug. The girls let go of me and smile widely. They let me in and Calli walks out of the kitchen. She smiles at me and walks over to hug me.

"What a pleasant surprise" Calli states laughing.

"Sorry about that. Just really needed to talk to you about something" I tell her and she shook off the girls telling them to head to their room.

She leads me to the kitchen bar and I sit on the stool where I had my breakdown about a month ago.

"So how are Alli and Abbi settling in?" I ask her, trying to delay what I had to tell her. What if she wasn't accepting? What if she thought I was too young to be a mother? What if she didn't want me to go out to find Grayson while pregnant?

"They are doing great. I love spending time with them, time I missed out on while they were younger. They miss you of course and Grayson. What was it that you needed to tell me?" She asks leaning against the counter top.

"Well, about a month ago I wasn't feeling too well. So I went to the doctor with Ina and did some tests. I'm pregnant!" I finally tell her after babbling.

She gasps and giggles. She comes around the counter and hugs me tight.

"I'm so happy for you!" She squeals. She pulls away from the hug and notices tears in my eyes.

"What's wrong love?" She asks concerned.

"It's just so hard without Grayson here. Ina and Beckett have been great but I miss him so much. My baby needs a father" I tell her and she pulls me into another hug as I cry on her shoulder.

"I know you miss him. I miss him too. But he'll come back, I know he will" She tells me. I shake my head and pull away.

"I have to go find him, bring him back home, especially since I'm pregnant with his child. He can't keep fleeing away every time the reptiles threaten. He has a family to take care of, and running away solves nothing" I state and Calli frowns.

"It's too dangerous. You are threatening your life and the babies life now to find him! I know you love and miss him but you have to trust he'll come back. How in the world will you ever find him?" Calli asks.

"I have a plan. Trust me on this, I'll be fine. Beckett and Ina are coming with me and I've taught them everything Grayson taught me. I have to leave today though, I've already wasted too much precious time" I stand up and smile confidently at Calli.

"I'll be okay" I whisper while going to see the twins. I walk into their room and smile. Their room had been decorated so nicely. With butterflies hung on the walls and picture frames of Grayson, the twins and I sat along a shelf. Grayson had his arm around my waist, and his other arm holding Alli. I had my arm around Grayson and my other arm around Abbi. Our smiles were so bright. So happy to become a silly little family.

My heart ached. I missed the good old days, where we were just a happy family.

The girls looked up at me excitedly.

"Is Grayson back?"

"Are you taking us home?"

They both fire off questions and I shush their excited mouths.

"Sadly I'm not taking you home, and no Grayson isn't back yet. But I have good and bad news" I tell them. The girls frown but brighten up when they hear about good news.

"Good news, I'm pregnant!" I tell them. The twins squeal and jump onto their bed. The bounce up and down while screaming.

"We're going to be aunts Abbi!" Alli screams excitedly. She squeals even more and I cover my ears.

"Okay girls, calm down. I need to tell you the bad news. Bad news, I'm going to be leaving for some time. I don't know when I'll be back but I do know I will come back with Grayson" I tell the girls and they nod understanding what I had to do.

The wrap their tiny arms around me and snuggle close.

"Please bring him home. We miss him"Abbi says pulling away from the hug. She smiles at me and Alli pulls away.

"I have to get going now, be good to Calli. Love you!" I tell them and they say they love me back.

I head out of their room and meet Calli at the door.

"I know whatever I say I won't be able to change your mind on going but I will tell you to stay safe. If some bad did happen to Grayson, that baby would be all we would have left" Calli says and I nod giving her one last hug.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be back before you know it!" I tell her exiting her apartment. All in all that went surprisingly well considering all the news I had to tell them.

A/N

Hey lovelies!!! 

Here is my September post. Next post will probably be around mid October. I'm in school right now and my updates on this book will be slowing down. I will be posting once a month instead of twice a month like I used to do in the summer. 

Vote and comment what you think!!!!

Xoxo