Chapter 3

Layla POV
Things have been awkward in the house lately.

Dinners have been quiet, rooms have been separated and I think the girls are starting to catch on.

" So how was your day at school?" I ask the girls while I dish out the pasta onto their plates. The girls look at their meals then up to me.

" Great!" They both say at the same time. I let out a chuckle and sit down in my seat. Grayson once again wasn't here which bothered me.

The girls needed him and he just gave up on them and especially me.

" So did you learn anything today?" I ask them twirling the pasta with my fork.

" Nope" they say shaking their heads. I just laugh again.

" So where is Grayson?" Alli asks. I wipe my mouth and look at the two of them. Their eyes plead for the truth of where their brother truly is.

" He's working late" I lie keeping a small smile on my face. The girls notice and sink back into their seats.

" I'm full" Abbi says pushing her full plate of pasta away.

" Me too" Alli says mirroring Abbi. The girls look to me and I nod my head telling them their excused.

The girls take their plates to the kitchen and race off to their bedrooms.

I look down at my food and feel hot tears stain my cheeks.

I can't do this anymore. I can't be a parent figure to them, at least not alone.

I hardly had any parents growing up, i have no clue what the fudge I'm doing.

I take the last bite of pasta and deal with all the leftovers.

I wash the dishes and feel arms wrap around my waist. I lean into the body and yearn for their touch.

" I'll take care of it, go to sleep" Grayson says kissing my lips gently. I stand there not knowing what to do.

It's been so long since I felt his lips on mine.

He takes the dish cloth out of my hands and lightly pushes me out of the way.

He takes over and washes the dishes.

" Thank you" I weakly say to him. His body tenses but he doesn't turn around.

So I do, I turn around and walk up to the guest bedroom.

Leaving him all alone, just like he left me.

The next morning was no surprise. Grayson wasn't here but all the dishes were clean and put away.

I sit down at the table and look down at my hot coffee that's getting colder and colder by the minute.

What are my feelings towards Grayson? I can't explain the feeling.

I love Grayson with all my heart but I don't know if I can save this relationship. I'm unhappy.

All I want, all I need is Grayson. I have to talk to him.

~~

I sit on my bed staring at my phone. I dial up his number and place my phone to my ear.

Grayson's heavy breaths are heard from the other end.

" Hey, everything good?" He asks tiredly. I bite my lip from asking why, I don't want to know what he's been doing.

" Yeah um, everything's fine. But I would like to talk to you tonight if you aren't busy" I ask him gently. His breaths hitch.

" Ok, sure. I'll see you tonight at 10" he says sounding almost scared.

" thanks, bye" I say not adding the I love you I always used to add.

" Bye" He says and the tension cuts loose once he hangs up. That was awkwardly horrible.

~*~

The door creeks open and I look up from the tv and see Grayson walk in.

" You wanted to talk?" He asks scratching his neck nervously.

" Uh, Yeah" I say standing up and facing Grayson.

" Grayson, what's going on? These past few months have been the worst in my life. You have been treating me with total disrespect. Am I too annoying to you? Am I not good enough for you? Do you not love me anymore?" I ask him sadly.

" What? Of course I love you..."

" Then why aren't you showing it?" I yell at him.

" What happened to all the kisses we shared and all the 'I love you's' we said? Does that mean nothing to you? I'm unhappy Grayson. I'm stressed, I'm tired, I'm sad. And you sneak off every night probably kissing some girl that's way prettier and skinnier than me and I'm left to take care of the girls all by myself. Don't get me wrong I love the girls like they are my own sisters but I can't parent them alone. I hardly had a parent growing up how am I supposed to parent two children alone." I cry out to Grayson.

Tears fall down Grayson's cheeks as he goes to hold me in his big arms.

" I'm sorry Layla" He says holding me tightly.

" Just tell me what's going on? Please" I beg him looking at him in desperation.

" I-I can't" Grayson says.

My heart shatters when I hear those words. He's not willing to make our relationship work. He's not willing to open up to me, he's not willing to be truthful.

" I think we should take a break" I say standing up out of his arms. His expression falls.

" Fine, just leave me alone" He says angrily and storms out of the room. Mood swings much.

I wipe my tears and grab a pen and a notebook. I rip off a piece a paper and write out a schedule.

He'll have the girls Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

I'll have the girls Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and Saturdays.

I post the schedule on the fridge and walk up to the guest bedroom. I pack a bag and leave a note for the girls on my bed.

I walk down the stairs and out the door. Tomorrow's Thursday, have fun Grayson.

A/N
Layla turned rogue.

Hey guys!! Surprise! I updated when I wasn't supposed too!!

This book has been doing really well and I wanted to give you guys another chapter!

Next chapter will be out Tuesday March 13th 2018!

So next chapter will be up then unless I do another surprise update!

Have a lovely day/night and don't be afraid to pm me if you'd like to talk! I need friends❤️

Xoxo, Laura