Chapter 19

Layla POV

I wake up in a dark, musty small room. I lay on a dirt covered sheet, stained with blood and grime. My head aches as I reach up to touch the spot I was hit. I pull my fingers back revealing blood. I sit up from the blanket and gaze around the room. A chair was placed in the middle of the room, a man  was tied up to the chair. His head hung low, his hair covered his face and his body was slumped. 

I go to stand up but feel chains grasp me back down to the ground. I glance at my feet, which were connected to chains locked to the wall. The sound of the chains startled the man in the chair and he looks over to me. 

Shadows from the dim light blocked me from seeing his face which angered me. Who is this person? Do I know them? 

The person continues to stare at me and not say a word. My jaw clenches in frustration. 

"Who the hell are you and where am I?" I choke out, my throat feeling dry and rough. 

"Layla? Is that you?" I hear the man say. I gasp in shock, almost not believing my ears. Was that- No it couldn't be.

"Grayson?" I breathlessly say. My heart picks up the pace, waiting for him to say anything. 

"Layla, oh my god. It's you" I hear Grayson cry out. I hear the scraping of the metal chair against the floor and soon I could finally see his face. His face was dirty, hollow, cut and bruised. It sickened me to see him like this. His expression was relief, mixed with sadness and guilt. 

"God Layla. Are you okay? What did they do to you? I swear to god if-"

"I'm okay!" I cry out. Tears burst down my cheeks as I gaze at his face. 

"I'm so scared. Where the hell are we?" I ask him, my voicing wavering. My hands shake as I gaze into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Layla. I never meant to drag you into this mess. I'll get us out of here. Don't worry. You're safe. God, I love you so much" He rambles on, not being able to say what he's been wanting to say forever. 

"Grayson, I love you too." I tell him. I reach my hand out and place it on his leg. I look up into his eyes and feel grateful to know he's alive. 

"I need to get out of this god awful chair. My a** is so unbelievably numb" He complains, causing me to laugh. Even in the worst of situations, he can always  make me laugh.  

I reach up to my hair which was knotted into a messy bun. I slide a bobby pin out of my hair and reach for the lock that chained Grayson up. I fiddle with the lock for a minute until I hear the final click and the lock falls to the floor. 

Grayson sighs in relief. He then reaches for the bobby pin from my hands and unlocks the chains tied around me. 

Grayson stands up and holds out his hand. I take his hand and he helps me up. 

"Ahh" I yelp in pain, gripping my stomach. Was that the first kick? 

"What, what's wrong?" Grayson exclaims worriedly watching my hands grip my stomach. 

"uh this isn't the time to tell you" I explain. I advert my eyes from his and onto the floor. I shouldn't tell him now, it's not the time. 

"Isn't the time to tell me what?" He asks. He furrows his brow, confused and concerned for the next words I utter out my mouth. 

"I'm pregnant" The words slip out of my mouth. I release my breath that I wasn't aware I was holding. Half of the weight on my shoulders was lifted. But now I was worried about what his reaction would be.

"You're...You...Oh my god" Grayson stutters. He runs his hands through his hair and looks at me then at my belly. A million thoughts run through my mind. What if he hates me? What if he doesn't want me or the baby? What if-

"We need to get out of here. I can't lose you... or the baby" He says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door. I sigh in relief. I'll take that as a happy reaction. 

He places his hand to his ear and pulls out a tiny earpiece. He presses the button on and watches it power back up and connect to the frequency.  He places it back into his ear and speaks. 

"Jack, Jack, Can you hear me? Jack I need your help." The earpiece screeches and Grayson winces. 

I hear a faint voice from inside the chip and I sigh in relief. 

"Listen, there's no time to explain. Layla and I have been captured and we're stuck in a small  room. I don't know what room. I need you to send us help now." He says. He listens to what Jack says and looks towards me. 

"Okay, Jack is assembling a team now. All we have to do is wait and pray that the reptiles don't come back" Grayson says, holding my hand. He pulls me towards him and wraps his arms around me. He kisses the top of my head and he holds me tightly.

In his arms, I felt warm. I felt for the first time in a few months, safe and secure. A small smile forms on my face and I snuggle my head into Grayson's chest. 

Now we wait. 

A/N 

Hey Guys!!!!

LAYLA AND GRAYSON HAVE FINALLY FOUND EACH OTHER. 

A lot of sh*t went down so PLEASE, Please vote and comment what you think! I've posted two chapters today so make sure to read them in ordered.

These chapters are crazy and a lot happens so I hope you enjoy.

Next Update will be sometime in March!

Xoxo, Laura