Chapter 7

Layla POV
I wake up for the first time in a long time with a smile etched on my face. I roll over and open my eyes to see the bed empty. I look around confused but I don't think the worst.

He's probably in the washroom or making breakfast. He wouldn't leave after last night. After he acted so sweet and like the true Grayson I know he is.

I rub my eyes and notice a letter on his pillow.

I hesitate to pick it up but I know I have too.

I pick up the letter and notice it's addressed to me.

~*~
Dear Layla,
Baby, where do I even start? I know I've been a horrible boyfriend but I'll explain it all in this letter.

Before we met, I was the school bad boy. But not just the schools, but the towns Bad Boy too. I was apart of the gang Reptiles 🦎. Long story short I got them put in jail and I and the guys all got out.

But recently they have been released from jail and there coming back for me. It's not safe for me to be there. It's not safe for you to be there.

I've left Calli with a note and a big sum of money. She will take the girls to her apartment at the edge of town and take care of them. Don't tell the girls what I'm doing.

I've left you with a sum of cash. Stay with friends, buy your own apartment. I don't know. But don't trust anyone.

If anybody asks about me, say You don't know me. Or if it's someone we know, tell them I'm on a business trip.

The Reptiles will have tattoos like these 🦎 . If you meet anybody with that tattoo run away.

I love you so much and this will all be over soon.

Don't contact me, don't try to find me.

Stay safe Layla.

Xoxo, Grayson💞

~*~
I stare at the letter in my hands and feel tears well up in my eyes.

I frantically look around and make sure nobody's around. I stuff the letter into my pocket and race towards the girls room.

I run in and notice them peacefully sleeping. I take a deep breath and shake them awake.

" Girls, get packed. You're staying with Calli for a few weeks" I tell them while they rub their eyes awake.

" What's going on?" Abbi asks brushing her messy hair out of her eyes.

" Grayson had to go on a surprise business trip for a few weeks so you'll be staying with Calli" I explain to them and they nod their heads while yawning.

They jump out of bed and I leave them to get changed.

I walk to the kitchen and quickly whip up some breakfast for the girls.

About 15 minutes later the girls come down fully dressed and sit at the table. I place their plates on the table and walk back upstairs to grab their bags.

My phone rings and I see that Calli is trying to call me.

" Layla? Did you get the note?" Calli panics.

" Yes, and I'm assuming you did too. Are you ok?" I ask her.

" Yeah, I'm fine. We need to talk once you get here" She says.

" Agreed. I have to go finish packing and the girls and I will be there soon" I say. She says a quick goodbye and hangs up.

I walk into the girls room and see 4 big bags sprawled over the floor. I pick up two and walk down the stairs and place them at the door.

I then run back upstairs and grab the other two and do the same.

I walk into my room and back my bags which only takes a few minutes.

" Girls, anything else you need? Because I can't guarantee that we can come back to get more stuff." I tell them.

" Why?" Alli asks.

" I won't be staying with you guys. I'm going to be staying with a friend so it may be hard to get into the house when I have the keys" I explain. It was a lame excuse but hopefully she bough it.

She nods her head and we head out the door.

I load up my car with our bags and lock up the house. The girls put their seatbelts on and I close all car doors.

I hop into the car and start the 30 minute drive to Calli's apartment.

Once we arrive at her house Calli rushes out and engulfs me into a hug.

" I'm so sorry" Calli whispers in my ear and I find it hard not to cry. I can't help but worry for Grayson. I have no clue where he is? Who he's with? I don't even know if he's safe or not!

The girls hug Calli and we all head inside. Calli has a nice apartment. Not big but not too small. It had one big open room that acted like a kitchen, living room and dining room all in one. It had a hallway that sprawled out into 3 rooms. Master bedroom, guest bedroom and a bathroom.

Calli showed the girls the guest bedroom and the girls started unpacking their bags. Calli pulled me towards the kitchen so we could talk alone.

" Did you know about any of this?" I ask Calli. She shakes her head no, her hair getting even more messy.

" Two days ago he stopped by my apartment and asked if I could take the girls for a couple weeks. I agreed and asked him why. He never told me so I assumed you two were fighting again and that he didn't want the girls to see" Calli confesses.

" We were fighting, but never when the girls were in that same room. We both didn't want to do that to them" I explain to Calli.

Calli nods and the room goes silent. I stand in shock finally digesting what happened.

Grayson left me.

And I don't know where he is.

I start to feel dizzy and too overwhelmed. My legs give out and i fall to the ground. My eyes roll back and darkness surrounds me.

A/N
Omg!! Opinions on this chapter?

Vote and comment what you think?

Next Chapter: Tuesday May 8th, 2018

Xoxo, Laura