Chapter 5

Layla's POV
I walk out of my friends house with my bag and start my walk to Grayson's house.

Today was the day I was coming back. Hopefully he did an ok job with the girls yesterday. I will be pissed if he screwed up.

I look at the dull morning sky. It's 7:00 in the morning and all I want to do is to sleep.

I swear it's way too early for a human being to be up.

I finally make it to Grayson's house and right as I walk up the steps the door immediately opens.

Grayson runs out of the house and engulfs me in a bear hug.

" Oh my god, you're safe" Grayson breathes out holding me tightly. My arms hang loosely at my sides.

" Why wouldn't I be safe?" I ask him in confusion. Grayson lets go of me and I feel like I can actually breathe. Not because he was holding me too tight but because he honestly takes my breath away when he does cute things like that.

" I saw the letter and it brought back memories of when..." Grayson stops talking and looks down at the ground. He looks back up at me and I urge him to continue. As if a light switch was flipped his face went emotionless and his borders were up.

" Never mind, it's not important" He says coldly walking back into the house.

What was that about? He can't just hug me and then be rude to me the next minute.

I let out a huff and walk inside too.

I spot the girls eating waffles and I smile. At least he still cares about them.

" Layla!" The girls scream in happiness as they jump down from their chairs and ran over to give me a hug.

I hug them back and pull away.

" So, how was last night?" I ask the girls. They look at each other then to their right and back at me.

" It was good" They day instantly stuffing their faces with waffles. I look in the same direction the girls looked and see Grayson standing with his arms crossed over his chest and a permanent scowl etched on his face.

I shake my head and clean up the dishes the girls made while they race upstairs to finish getting ready for the day.

" I'll be back tomorrow morning" Grayson grumbles and without another word leaves the house.

Wow, talk about moody. I swear he's acting like a hormonal teenager.

The day was long and tough. I spent the whole day alone cleaning, cooking meals and doing the laundry.

Tomorrow would be Grayson's day to take care of the girls but I know him well enough he won't be cooking the girls proper meals so I did a bunch of cooking and placed the meals in the fridge for him to reheat and serve for the girls.

I also did up all the laundry cause I know it won't be getting done anytime soon if he's in charge.

And last but not least I cleaned the whole house so they won't be living in a pigsty.

The front door opens and the girls walk in and head straight for the couch.

" Uh-Uh, Homework" I tell them. They let out a groan but they comply and walk over to the table.

They place their things on the table and start working on whatever homework they had.

The rest of the evening went by calmly. We had dinner, they watched tv, then they went to bed.

After a long day I lay down on the couch and try to get some sleep.

I hear the door quietly open and I know it's Grayson. I'm surprised he's back so early, I thought he wasn't coming home till tomorrow morning.

I try to open my eyes to see him but I'm just way to exhausted. I can't move or talk. All my body needs is sleep.

Grayson's footsteps walk toward me and stay still while I assume he's looking at me.

" I'm so sorry Layla, I know none of this makes sense to you. I know you probably hate me but I love you and everything I'm doing is to protect you and the girls. I'm sorry baby" Grayson says assuming I'm asleep. I so badly want to move, to ask him what all this means but I feel my body being picked up and finally darkness takes over.

A/N
Hello! I'm going to be posting twice a month. TWICE A MONTH.

So the next update will be in April because this is my second time updating in March. Hopefully this all makes sense!

Next update: Tuesday, April 10th, 2018!

Vote and comment what you think!

Have a lovely Day/ Night!

Xoxo, Laura