Chapter 23

Layla POV

I sit in an uncomfortable hospital chair waiting. Waiting for a sign. Ina and Nakiya sit in chairs on the other side of the bed. They mirror the same face as mine, a face flushed with exhaustion. The hospital room was littered with balloons, stuffed animals and flowers. The door to the room opens and Jack and John walk in. Aaron follows suit along with Grayson. The boys carry our favourite fast food for us to eat.

They give us what we ordered and Grayson sits down beside me. He kisses my cheek and asks me to open his trey. His arm would have to be in the sling for 6 weeks so I would definitely need to get used to this. I open his container with a small smile as I glance at Ina. She wasn't eating. She hadn't been eating for days.

Beckett had been in and out of surgeries all week causing a lot of stress to all of us. As I look at the pain Ina was in, I couldn't help feeling it was all my fault. I shouldn't have dragged them into this mess. I almost cost Beckett his life.

An overwhelming amount of guilt washes over me as I play with the food container in my lap. Suddenly I wasn't hungry either.

"You've got to eat something" Nakiya whispers to Ina. Ina looks at her sister, then back at Beckett.

"I'm just not hungry. I'll eat later" Ina mumbles, her gaze wandering down to her shaky hands.

Nakiya looks at Aaron hopelessly and leans her head against him. I suspected something was going on between them but now wasn't the time to ask. Not when Beckett was like this.

Beckett's doctor walks in and greets everybody with a smile.

"Hello everyone. Good news, Beckett should make a full recovery. The bullet just missed his heart by an inch. He should be waking up in a couple of days and the recovery process will start there." The doctor states. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief and Ina breaks out crying. She's crying happy tears.

The doctor answers any of our questions and leaves. We all finish our meal, even Ina.

"I really appreciate you all being here for me and Beckett. His family should be arriving later today and they would like to visit him alone" Ina states. Everybody nods and wishes Ina well. John, Aaron, Jack and Nakiya all leave the room and I linger a little with Grayson.

"Listen Ina, I-" I start but she cuts me off.

"It's not your fault. It's no one fault. If Beckett was in danger you would do the same for him" She reassures me. I hug her and tell her I love her and wish her the best. Grayson takes my hand and we leave the hospital.

"I guess we can go home now" Grayson says as he hops into the passenger side of the car. I hop into the driver's side and turn the key.

"I guess we can" I smile as we drive off.

We start the long trip home, playing our favourite music and catching up on all the time we've missed with each other.

And for the first time in forever, I felt normal. We felt normal. Nothing crazy was happening. Everything felt calm.

Grayson places his hand on my thigh and looks at me with such love and admiration.

"Layla, we have one more stop we need to get to" Grayson says. He punches in the address into the GPS and I follow along.

"Where are we going?" I ask him. My eyebrow furrows when we pull up to a secluded cliff overlooking the city. The sun was beginning to set and the sky was a mixture of warm colours.

I park the car and we step out of the vehicle. I walk toward the railing and lean up against it, astonished by the view in front of me. Grayson comes from behind me and grabs my hand, pulling me to face him.

"Layla" He breathlessly. He pulls out a chain neckless from his neck. Hanging from the chain was a beautiful diamond ring.

"Since the first day I met you, I knew you we're going to be apart of my life forever. I didn't know what role you would play, but I knew you would stick with me through it all. We haven't had it easy, that last for damn sure. But I couldn't imagine going through it all without you. As cheesy as this sounds, you are the reason I wake up every single morning. Layla, I love you so much and I promise to be the best husband, and father. I promise to love you and our child for as long as I live. I want nothing more then to spend the rest of my life with you" He pauses as he wipes the tears from my face and his. He slides the ring off of the chain and crouches down on one knee.

"Layla, Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Grayson, I love you so much!" I cry as I wrap my shaky arms around him. He picks me up and spins me around while planting kisses on my neck and cheek.

"God, I love you so much Layla" He places me down onto the ground and slides the ring onto my hand. It was absolutely beautiful. I was so shocked.

A part of me didn't think this was real. It couldn't be real. Nothing ever good happens in our lives. But this is the changing point. We'll get married, we'll start our family. And hopefully, hopefully, have a happy ever after.

A/N
ITS THE END.

THATS IT. THE BOOK IS DONE. I CANT BELIEVE ITS DONE!!!!

How did you like the ending?

Vote and comment what you think! I'm excited to see all your reactions. Please don't hate. I really like this ending and I hope you will too.

DISCLAIMER: I WILL HAVE A EPILOGUE!! And it will be super long and will tie up any loose ends!

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: This will be the end of the series. I thought about a third book but I feel the story is better left of here.

A THIRD DISCLAIMER: I will be focusing all my attention on the first book in this series and re-writing it. I will not be publishing any new books any time soon.

So this is the end. I'm so thankful for all you lovely readers that has made it this far with me. Without you, I wouldn't be the writer I am today.

I love you all.

Til next time.

Xoxo, Laura Sea