Stood up|| Jonah Marais

You sat at a table, you were now on your second glass of wine that night. A huge frown hung low on your face as you sat there, thinking about how stupid you had been. You were all dressed up, hair done, makeup done, nails done and you had gotten stood up.

"Ma'am, would you like to order now or are you still waiting for someone?" The waiter asked for the second time that night, you were about to reply when a boy with brown hair and blue eyes walked up to the table.

"We would like a few more minutes" He smiled before taking the spot you're date was supposed to sit at and smiled at you. He took the menu in his hand and started looking at what he wanted. You had no idea who this guy was, you had never talked to him before let alone seen him before but yet he had sat down like he had known you for years.

"So tell me" He started, breaking the silence that fell over the table, his blue eyes looking up as he shut the menu and met yours.

"Why is a girl as beautiful girl as you, sitting here alone with a face so sad that all I want to do is hug you?" He asked, a huge blush creeped into your face. You looked down at your hands, you had forgotten all about being stood up when he sat down.

" I got stood up" You said softly, a frown falling back onto your lips as you looked back up to see his eyes soften as you spoke.

"Well, you can look at this two ways" He went on, leaning forward and placing both of his forearms on the table, his beautiful smile never leaving his face for a moment as his eyes looked into yours.

"And what would those be?" You chuckled, picking up your glass of wine and taking a sip.

"Well, you could be happy that the douche bag you thought was a douche bag but weren't going to dump him until he pulled a move like this has finally shown you his ways and now you can finally get rid of him. Or, and I think this is my favourite option" He winked before he continued " You can be happy because douche bag pulled a douche bag move that lead me to you" He smiled ear to ear causing a grin to break out on your face.

"Im y/n" You smiled.

"Jonah" He beamed, taking a sip from the water that sat in front of him.

The two of you talked and ate until late in the night and it wasn't until the waiter came over and told you that it was closing time did you realize that you two were the only people left in the restaurant. You and Jonah got up, he had insisted on walking you to your car as it was late and dark out.

"So, how about another date?" He asked, both of you now standing close together by your car. Neither of you really wanting this to end.

"You won't stand me up will you?" You chuckled with an eyebrow raised.

"An idiot already lost you, I won't be making the same mistake" He told you before bending down to kiss your cheek.

"Ill call you" He winked before dropping your hand and walking to his car that was on the other side of the parking lot. You got in your car and just sat there for a while, smiling like an idiot.

-

"What are you thinking about?" You're fiancé asked you, as you had been lost in thought, looking at the engagement ring that sat on your finger.

"Thinking about the day we met" You smiled, moving your head more on his shoulder, looking up to meet his beautiful blue eyes that had captured you since the moment he sat down.

"You think we should invite him to the wedding? Or maybe we could send him a thank you basket" He said causing a laugh to fall from your lips.

"What would the card say?" You laughed, his eyes not leaving yours.

"Thanks for standing her up, you created the 4 most amazing years of my life" Jonah told you before placing a kiss sweetly on your lips.

You and Jonah had been together ever since that night you got stood up, and honestly you couldn't have been more thankful that the asshole never showed up, you got something amazing out of it, you got the love of your life.

____

GUYS! THIS BOOK IS RANKED 761 IN FAN FICTION AND IM SCREAMING!

THIS HAS BEEN MY DREAM FOR TIME AND ITS FINALLY HAPPENING 

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH