Your little secret||Janiel

-Highschool Au-

Daniel and his best friend Jonah walked down the hall, almost shoulder to shoulder. The two of them talking and laughing like they normally did together, the two had always enjoyed each others company and had been close their whole lives.

Although both the men were gay, this wasn't a cliche book where the two best friends had fallen in love with each other, they had always just been close best friends- brothers even and that's all they would ever be.

Daniels breath hitched when he saw Jack. Normally the sight of Jack gave him butterflies and a lovey feeling, but when he saw Jack this time he was walking hand in hand down the hall with his "girlfriend"- the two of them looking cuddly and cute with one another and frankly it was enough to make Daniel sick.

Only Daniel knew the truth, this was the only thing in his whole life he had kept from Jonah and believe him that was one of the hardest parts about all of this.

Only Daniel knew that it was his lips Jack actually kissed. Only Daniel knew every part of Jacks body. Only Daniel knew the way " I love you" sounded when Jack whispered it in his ear.
But only Daniel knew that Jack's love wasn't strong enough for the curly haired boy to come out.

Daniel always felt like Jack was embarrassed by him, at first Daniel understood and he even respected Jacks rules, but as the couple grew it only got harder.

But Daniels buttons had been pushed two weeks ago, when his boyfriend of 5 months had informed him that his girl bestfriend was now becoming his girlfriend, that Jacks dad was asking too many questions about why the head football player didn't have a girlfriend, and his dad finding out about him wasn't something he was willing to risk.

Daniel could have sworn his heart had broken into a million pieces as they sat in the blue eyed boys bed.

Daniel was in love with Jack, he was so fucking in love with him, but hiding behind close doors and having his heartbreak every time he watched the "happy couple" walk down the hall or watch as Jack placed a kiss on her forehead, wasn't something he wanted anymore, he couldn't do it anymore.

Daniel was done.

___

It was near the end of the day and Daniel was at his locker, double checking to make sure he had both his history notebook along with his textbook, exams were nearing soon and study lockdown had started for the broken hearted boy.

"Hey Daniel!" Jack smiled as he walked over to his locker. By now the whole school had figured out that the two were "acquaintances"so no one had questioned the short conversations that the two would share from time to time.

"Leave me alone Jack" Daniel mumbled, slipping his bag onto one of his shoulders and leaving. By now his hallway has cleared out and it seemed that they were the only two boys in sight.

"Woah woah woah, slow down there" Jack said as he speed walked to catch up with his blue eyed boy, not at all enjoying the distance-between the two of them. Daniel didn't listen, he just kept walking.

Jack did love Daniel, although he didn't admit it at first, although he had convinced himself for a while that all Daniel was to him was a fuck, he had sooner or later come to realize that there was no other word for his feelings than love. He was deeply in love and this girlfriend act was heartbreaking for him as well, but he was doing what he thought was best- for himself and for Daniel.

Jacks life wasn't as easy as people thought, sure his parents were rich, sure he was the star of the football team, but everyday he lived in fear. He lived in fear of his father drinking too much again, he lived in fear of his father finding out that he was gay, he lived in fear of getting disowned.

Daniel was the only one who knew about Jack's fears and although Daniel understood, although his heart ached that Jack didn't have the supportive parents he did, this whole girlfriend thing wasn't necessary, it wasn't needed and frankly Daniel felt like it was just another way for Jack to show him how truly unimportant he was the the brown eyed boy.

"Daniel slow down!" He called, grabbing the skinnier boys arm and pulling him back-spinning him to face the confused boy.

When they spoke this morning everything was fine, and now Daniel was acting like Jack didn't even exist and it painful.

"No Jack!" He yelled.

"I'm done, I don't want to do this anymore. Go back to your pretend girlfriend and live your life, just get out of mine" Daniel whispered as he walked closer to the boy, tears welling up in his eyes. Daniel didn't want to say this, he wanted to go home knowing Jack would meet him there in twenty like they did everyday Jack didn't have football practice. But the boy was in pain, the boy was becoming depressed and the boy was done.

"You don't mean that, you love me and I love you" Jack whispered back as he looked on both sides of Daniel-checking to make sure no one was there.

"Maybe your right, I do love you. But this? Coming to school and getting heartbroken everyday? Only being able to really talk to you behind close doors? Watching you show the world you love someone else? All because your dad might not like it Jack? I gave you seven months. Seven months of me being here even when you were convinced that your feelings weren't there, and it was all fine until you pulled the last straw just to make sure no one knew about me. I'm just your little secret Jack. And I don't want to be that anymore" by now tears were starting to well in the "tough" boys eyes as well, his heart completely broken at how much pain was laced in Daniels voice.

Pulling his arm away Daniel turned around without another word or another glance at the love of his life- knowing that if he had he would have stayed.

____

It was 11:30 at night and Daniel was home alone, his parents had gone out to a dinner party and since it was a Friday they had told him not to stay up- unsure when they'd be home.

The blue eyed boy was sitting in his living room, a bag of chocolate covered pretzels in one hand and his phone in the other while a Saw movie played on his tv.

He was just about to get up and put in the next Saw movie in the DVD player when a loud knock came from his front door. Scrunching his eyes in confusion, thinking it was probably Jonah coming over unexpectedly like he did at least once a week.

But when Daniel opened the door the sight in front of him was anything but Jonah.

It was jack, with a bloody lip and a black eye and tears falling down his cheeks, but that was okay, as long as he had Daniel.

"I came out"

____
Words:1207
10|03
-Now it's own book-
_____
I KNOW THIS IS BOYXBOY
BUT I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR
WRITING THIS AND I JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS
BECAUSE YALL KNOW IT TAKES A LOT FOR ME TO BE PROUD OF MY WORK
IF ANY OF YOU GUYS WANT MORE OF THIS I HAVE A BOOK FOR JUST THIS KIND OF THING!
OKAY LOVE U
BYE MOM