He wont love you like I do||Jack Avery

"I can't believe she's getting married, We have been best friends since we were two, she's like my little sister and now she's gonna be married" Jack heard Daniels voice from his place in the living room. Feeling his heart start to beat a little faster he got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to see Jonah and Daniel sitting across from one another on the Island. Jonah eyes went wide and his mouth closed instantly as he saw the curly haired boy enter the kitchen.

"Who's getting married Daniel?" Jack asked, his voice already feeling weak. Jack was praying that the answer he was expected wasn't the one that left Daniels mouth.

"Jack.." Daniel whispered, turning over to face the boy who stood at the entrance of the kitchen.

"Tell me Daniel" He demanded, refusing to meet the blue eyed boys eyes.

"Y/n" Daniel said, Him and Jonah shared a look of worry and sadness as Jack stood looking at his shoes, unable to speak.

"I-um, I gotta get out of here" Jack shuttered after moments of trying to put his mind back together. He could feel his heart breaking on the spot. Picking up his phone and keys that sat on the kitchen counter, running out the door before anyone could stop him.

Him and y/n started dating just after the boys got together, they dated for almost 2 years before  they broke up and that was four years ago. No matter how many times he tried, Jack couldn't move on, and even after all this time apart he could tell you for 100 percent certainty that he was still as in love with her as he was a year after them being together.

Y/n had become Jacks whole world and he had become hers, they did everything together and shared so many moments with one another, everyone around them always said they would be the two that made it, and they always told each other that they were their ends games but one horrible argument ended all of that and Jack hates himself for that everyday.

Jack wasn't even watching where he was going, but some how, some way he ended up parked in the driveway in the house she now shared with Mark. Mark the guy she was going to be marrying, but if he didn't try one last time he would hate himself more than ever before, he never gave up some sort of hope that one day they would get back together and even after four years some of that hope never died.

The love they had was different that anything else he had ever experienced, and he knew she felt the same way, Y/n had told him many times. Love like that doesn't just go away, no matter how bad you wanted it too, trust Jack, he'd been trying for years to get it to go away.

Jack got out of his car, noticing that only Y/ns car was in the driveway.This was his chance. He walked up the driveway and the stairs to the porch, even the outside of the house screamed "Y/n". He knocked on the door, feeling his broken heart start to beat fast again, his anxiety and fear spiking more now than ever, what was he even doing here? Y/n was getting married, she didn't love him anymore.

Y/n opened the door, taking Jacks breath away like she always use to do.

"God she's beautiful" He thought to himself, even after four years she hadn't changed one bit, her beautiful y/e/c eyes still bright and big like always. Just looking into him made him fall in love with her all over again, even after four years.

"J-jack, what are you doing here?" Y/n asked, shocking taking over not only her voice but her body. She hadn't seen him in months, not since Daniel was sick and she had brought him over soup, She had accidentally walked into Jack on the way to the door and it was one of the most painful things he had dealt with since the break up, just seeing her again brought back every memory, every kiss, every hug, every night spent together, all of it and it was heart breaking to him.

"Is it true?" He asked, no longer meeting his eyes. Right away Y/n knew what the curly head boy was talking about, she could feel her heart breaking as well. All the feelings she had ignored since she had met Mark were now resurfacing just at the sight of the love of her life standing at her door.

"Why don't you come in" She whispered, moving to the side so he had space to come in. He stepped inside, Warm vanilla sugar filling his noes, she wore the same smell when they were together, that smell was home for him. He missed feeling like he had a home. His home was her, and she was with someone else, leaving him always to feel so empty, so alone.

She shut the big brown door, leaning her back on it while he stood by the staircase, his eyes meeting his for the second time since he had arrived at her door step.

"Is it true?" he whispered, repeating himself again but this time his eyes not even for a second leaving hers, he couldn't bring himself to look away from her.

"Yes" She whispered back, looking down at her shoes while he kept looking at her.

"Tell me you love him, tell me you love him more than you ever loved me and that you feel nothing for me anymore. Tell me everything we dreamed about having together isn't something you want anymore. Tell me you don't love me anymore. Tell me that and Ill go away and never come back, you'll never see from me or hear from me again" He said, causing her head to snap up, why was he doing this to her? She wouldn't lie to him, she couldn't tell him those things.

"Does he love you like I did? Does he make sure to ask about your day before he goes to bed every night, not being able to sleep without knowing if you were okay or not? Does he do the little things you love to make you smile on the days where you physically can't smile on your own? Does he know that Chocolate covered almonds and watching friends are the only way to make you happy when your on your period? Does he know that you call your grandfather every Thursday at 4:52 on the dot to make sure he's doing well? Does he know that Cookies and cream is your favourite ice cream but orange cream is a close second? Does he know that when you laugh you snort, but that you hate it? Does he look into your eyes and fall even more madly in love with you everytime?Does he know that you want 3 kids? Two boys and one girl, but you want the girl to be the middle child so she had two boys to protect her at all times because no one protected you when you were little? Does he know that you get panic attacks when your in small spaces, and that softly singing you 'cant help falling in love' is the only way to make you calm down?Does he know how to love you like I do?" He asked her, walking closer to her everytime he asked a question. They were almost chest to chest at this point, she could feel his breath on him, Y/n's heart beating faster than ever before.

"Jack, I think you need to go before Mark gets home" She whispered after a long pause of silence causing his heart to break.

"I need to tell him that I can't marry him, and I don't want you here while I do it" She told him before opening the door for him. She knew before Jack had come that she couldn't marry him, but now she knew that she had wasted four years apart from the love of her life and her feelings for him would never stop.

Y/n had come to the realization that no one would ever love her the way Jack does, that she still wants the future her and Jack had spent hours upon hours talking about. She realized that as much as she tired to force herself to love Mark the way she loved Jack, it wouldn't work. Jack had her heart, and he always would.

____
[Authors note]
GUYS WE HAVE OVER 35k reads and 1K votes, WHAT?! That's seriously amazing 😭 I love you guys so much!
I have an insta I shared with my best friends! It's @textingwhydontwe ! We make text edits! Check it out if ya feel 🌞

ALSO, I changed my username! Whatcha think?