How you deal with the breakup||Why Don't We

-Preference-

Daniel Seavey- You know the beginning scene of the second Fifty shades of grey movie? Where its all raining and she's sad but still living her life? You were that person. You still went to work, you still somewhat functioned as a normal human but you were absolutely fucking broken. Every night you came home and watched some sort of cute romance movie that made you cry, and hate him a little more than the movie did last night. You hated him for making you feel like this, like the last two years was nothing. On some level you knew that he was also struggling, and you felt bad for him, you wanted to help him. But helping him wasn't your job anymore, you needed to realize that, and help yourself. You spent a few more weeks moping and crying, feeling sorry for yourself. You weren't sure how to fill the Daniel sized hole in you life, so you filled it with work and got a dog and cut your hair. You did whatever you felt you needed to do in the moment to make you feel better.

It was a few months later and you still hadn't got the bounce back in your step, you felt depressed but you were still hanging on, trying your hardest not to let yourself fall back into a pit on isolation and sadness- you were fighting the hardest battle of your life right now. All you needed was something positive- which actually happened. Your boss had heard of a job opportunity that he thought would do you some good, so he called you into his office and sat you down. He told you that he noticed you had been off, though your work was still perfection as always, your mood and social skills had severely been flunking. He had offered a promotion, which came with a move and a huge pay upgrade, the move was Australia and it would most likely be permanent. Without hesitation you said yes, the promotion enabled you to do the job you had always dreamed of doing, and without Daniel you had nothing holding you here, you had moved to LA for him in the first place. All you kept thinking about was that many a change like this was what you needed.

The breakup was possibly one of the hardest things you had ever been through, but one day there would be a reason for it, and you'd be thankful that everything had happened the way it did.

Jack Avery- The actual breakup of you and Jack was anything but clean. You had said things and in turn he had said even meaner things. It ended up with both of you sitting on the couch with tears in your eyes.

You had whispered "we can't keep doing this" and he had never replied, he just got off the couch, walked up the stairs of your shared home and came down a few minutes later to place his key on the table before he walked out and when the door shut all that was heard was your heartbreaking, crackling sob that echoed through the home. As soon as he had walked out the door you wanted him. You wanted him to hug you and take the pain away- like he once use to do.

You had sat up on the couch all night waiting for him, you had refused to believe that he wasn't coming home and it wasn't until your best friend had come over that you broke down crying once again.

"It's gonna be okay" she whispered as she pulled you into her chest, her heart breaking at the sound of pain that left your lips.

Once you had asked her to leave, so you could try and get some sleep, you wandered up stairs, feeling your heartbreak even more every time you passed a picture of the two of you. When you walked into the room you once use to share, you found a t-shirt he had left behind, it was your favourite.

You stayed in that shirt for a week, you laid on his side of the bed for a week. You didn't eat, or shower or move for a week. All you felt was pain and every time you had stopped crying, you started again.

You missed him, you needed him; it felt like you couldn't breathe.

Your best friend had come back; and made you take a shower; than she made you get dressed and then when you sat criss cross on your bed she packed you a bag, she claimed that this house was only breaking you- so you stayed with her.