Spa Day

(A/N: I feel like a lot of the Descendants fanfics I've read don't focus as much on Mal and Evie's friendship or their friendship with Jay and Carlos. I have read some great fanfics about Ben and Mal but I still feel her relationships with the other people she loves in her life deserve some attention. Also this Evie and Mal friendship not anything else so don't read into like a romance or whatever I don't write those kinds of stories.)

Author's POV
The last two days before preparing for the tour for Mal were all a blur of fabric, measurements, and secretive fashion designing by Evie. Every time Mal would try to sneak a peak at what Evie was working on she got scolded or smacked in the arm and after a few bruises Mal decided to give up on seeing Evie's creations. The only real consolation in this fashion mess was that Lonnie and Jane were as in the dark about this as she was. What if Evie made them wear a chicken costume or some sort of onesie. Mal knew she was being irrational goodness knows Evie would never do that it would be in Evie's own words a fashion nightmare. Mal was currently on her way to talk to Evie about it one more time as a last ditch effort to persuade Evie not to do this. "E will you please just tell me what I'm going to be wearing? It's driving me nuts." Mal begged. "Mal do you trust me?" Evie asked. Mal wasn't sure where she was going with this but she replied. "Evie I trust you with my life." Mal said sincerely. "Then prove it, prove that you trust me enough to let me make you look like the amazingly beautiful young woman that you are please." Evie pleaded. That's when Mal realized what this was truly about, it wasn't just about Evie wanting to control Mal's wardrobe it was about Evie wanting to know Mal trusted her. Evie was just doing it with one of the sets of tools she had that she was most comfortable with, fashion. " Ok E I trust you." Mal told her pulling her in for a hug."Good now that that's settled let's have girls day just you and me." Evie said. "If it's a girls day shouldn't we invite Lonnie and Jane too?" Mal asked. "I actually just wanted it to be us today I mean we can spend time with them later. We always hang out as a group but right now really just some one on one time with my BFF." Evie said. "Okay what should we do?"Mal asked. "Spa day?" Evie asked. "Spa day." Mal confirmed with a grin. Sure Mal can be all tough and stuff but she is still a girl and all girls love spas it's just in their nature.
Once Evie and Mal arrived at the spa they took a deep breath already feeling relaxed as the scent of lavender, sea salt and many other calming fragrances filled the air. " Oh how I love Spas!" Evie exclaimed. "I feel ya Eves, I feel ya." Mal agreed. Well what are we waiting for let's get to it." Evie said walking up to the front counter where the service lady was. Mal began to follow her when her phone buzzed.
Ben: Hey Dragon you want to have lunch with me today? xoxoxo

Mal: You know normally I would but E and I are having a Much needed girls day with just the two of us. It's been a long time since we spent time together outside the group. Sorry.xoxoxo

Ben: You don't have to apologize Hun Evie is your best friend I completely get it I love you and will see you when you get back just don't stay out to late we leave tomorrow. Love you. xoxoxo

Mal: Love you too see you tonight.xoxo
Just as Mal slid her phone back into her pocket Evie came back to her puzzled as to why Mal hadn't followed her. Seeing the look on her face Mal quickly explained her conversation with Ben to Evie. "Okay as long as he wasn't trying to take you away on our girls day I'm happy." Evie said. "Now what should we do first?" Mal asked. "How about a deep tissue massage." Evie suggested. "E you are a beauty genius." Mal told her best friend." And it took you this long to figure that out because?" Evie asked playfully. " Oh hush you." Mal said and so they had 2 deep tissue massages done by two straight female masseuses, Ben and Doug's only request for when they have their spa days was for their attendants to be straight and female. Especially after the one time they all went for a double couples massage and the man who was massaging Mal hands went a little to far down her back thank God she was covered in a sheet. Even though the man said it was an honest mistake, Ben wanted to make sure it would never happen again. After Evie and Mal's massages they decided to visit the sauna, and the hot tub, they then got mani pedi's and to top it all off they got their hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed. When they made it back to the castle for dinner they were so relaxed and content that all through dinner they kept sighing with stupid smiles on their faces. Everyone looked at them like they'd lost their minds. Mal and Evie were oblivious to it all until an unwelcome voice snapped them out of their daze. "Why do you two keep sighing and grinning like idiots?" Jay asked getting annoyed. "We had a girls day, we got deep tissue massages, visited the sauna and hot tub got manicures and pedicures, and got our hair trimmed and eyebrows waxed. I've never been this relaxed in my life so don't you dare ruin it." Mal said. "Okay, okay sorry I'll never say how stupid your grins are after a girls day again." Jay said. "What did you just say?" They asked in unison. "That you two are like my sisters and I love you very much." Jay said and took off to his room. "Yeah you better run." Mal and even muttered under their breath. They all then went to bed because with all the traveling the will be doing tomorrow is going to be a long day.