Welcome Balls and Jealousy

Author's POV

"Now introducing Lady Jane, and her escort Carlos De Vil." The herald announced atop the grand staircase. The couple slowly made their way down the stairs. Once the couple had made their way down safely the herald spoke again." Now introducing, Lady Evie and her escort Doug son of Dopey of the 7 dwarves." Evie allowed Doug to lead her down the stairs smiling and waving as she did. Finally the couple had made it to the bottom. " I present to you our Princess Lonnie and her escort Jay son of Jafar." The herald said, everyone clapped for their princess. Once they had made it down the herald spoke again. "And now I present to you King consort Lady Mal, and King Benjamin." The herald said as the crowd erupted into cheers. Mal and Ben slowly made their way down the stairs smiling and waving. Once they'd made it down safely the music began to play and Ben danced with Mal for a while before a pretty Chinese girl came and asked Ben to dance which Mal didn't mind that much at first because she knew Ben had to play nice with the other nobles, so she let them have their dance. Mal was just about to go back to him when he got pulled into another dance, with another beautiful woman. She was blonde and clearly British. Mal got a little irritated but quickly pushed the feeling down, Ben was just doing his duty as king. Finally the dance ended and Mal went to approach Ben again but was railroaded at the sight of a beautiful American brunette who had already approached Ben for yet another dance. At this point Mal's blood was beginning to boil. Mal tried again after the song but was almost stopped by another Chinese woman asking Ben to dance. He was about to accept even though he didn't want to but he saw Mal coming toward him and she looked like she wanted to kill someone. Thankfully Ben was able to tell she wasn't angry with him." Excuse me miss I need to talk to my boyfriend in private." Mal said her voice dripping with fake politeness. "Your boyfriend? Please you're his consort not his girlfriend now scurry off." The Chinese woman said. "Perhaps you didn't hear understand me the first time so I'll dumb it down for you. Ben is my boyfriend and I am his girlfriend and you need to move away from him or I will move you myself." Mal said calmly. "And how would you get me to move?" The woman asked clearly not aware of just who she was messing with. "She's a brave fool." Evie whispered to Doug who nodded in agreement. Mal's eyes started glowing green. Finally the Chinese woman's bravery seemed to falter, but she still held her ground even as magic swirled around Mal's fingers. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Mal asked. The woman backed away. "That's what I thought." Mal said as her friends dispersed. Mal made her way to Ben. Ben didn't get a chance to speak, because Mal's mouth was on his. She kissed him hard and slipped her tongue in his mouth in front of everyone. When she finally pulled away Ben looked at her with half lidded eyes. "What was that for?" Ben asked. "To show every single girl here your mine." Mal answered." You're hot when you're jealous." Ben said pulling back. Mal blushed. "Thank god that only the only people who saw that confrontation was our friends and that girl." Mal said.
"Right." Ben agreed. "May I have this dance?" Be asked. "Yes you may." Mal replied as Ben took her hand and led her to the middle of the room. The music started so they began to waltz. Soon Evie and Doug joined them on the dance floor. Then Jane and Carlos, and Lonnie and Jay. Mal smiled as she watched her friends and other couples take the floor. She almost laughed at the expression on the Chinese girl's face that had challenged her. She looked like she'd eaten a bad lemon. "What are you smiling about?" Ben asked his girlfriend. "You, our friends, that Chinese girl, you know the usual." Mal answered." Did I tell you how beautiful you are?" Ben asked. "No not yet." Mal answered shyly. "Well where are my manners! Mal darling you are the picture of perfection." Ben said sincerely. "Thank you my handsome king." Mal said smiling. You are most welcome, now tell me what all has happened since I last saw you." Ben said. "Well I spent 4 1/2 hours with Evie and the other girls in a blur of corsets, make up and curling irons." Mal said. "Corsets? You mean like the one you wore in Berk? Are you wearing one right now?" Ben asked. "Yes I'm wearing one right now but it's not the same as the one in Berk, this one isn't made of leather." Mal said. "I like you in corsets Ben said pinching her waist lightly. "Ben! Behave!" Mal scolded. "Hmm. If I do what do I get as a reward?" Ben asked huskily. "Anything you want."Mal said as her heart skipped a beat. "Okay my feet are starting to hurt." Mal said. "Well take off your shoes no one will notice ." Ben said. "I can't Ben that's not proper, and even if I could people would notice if I was suddenly an inch shorter than I am now." Mal said. "Well that leaves me one choice. In order to protect my lady's feet I shall carry her." Ben said picking Mal up and carrying her bridal style to a table where their friends had gathered. "Hey guys how's enjoying everyone themselves?" Ben asked as he sat Mal down. "So far the highlight was Mal's confrontation with that gutsy Chinese chick earlier." Jay said matter of factly. "Yeah she was an idiot. A brave idiot, but an idiot nonetheless." Jane said.
"Who was she anyway?" Mal asked Lonnie. "That was Yin Su daughter of Lord Yinsen and Lady Lin May. Her family doesn't like mine, because they think China should rule the world. My parents and I understand the world's power balance. They do not." Lonnie answered." Why don't your parents just send them to the Isle?" Carlos asked. "Because they haven't committed any crimes." Lonnie said. "This is probably not the last time you'll encounter her during our stay here Mal so I would recommend you going everywhere with Ben." Lonnie said. "Why?" Evie asked. "For protection. Yin Su is highly skilled in swordsmanship and although I doubt she would openly attack Ben or anyone else here, she and her family and are unpredictable sometimes. She has no chance at beating Mal's magic or dragon but Ben you've never really had to learn to fight which would make you an easy target." Lonnie said seriously. Mal nodded her head as she processed this information. Jealous girls and assassins oh my. What a trip. Mal thought to herself. "Well I got a bad vibe off of her the moment she challenged Mal." Evie said. "It's been a while since someone has done so as openly as she had." Jay agreed." Yeah our fearless leader here is pretty fearless." Carlos said. Oh Carlos I fear more things than you'll ever know. Mal thought. Mal smiled at her friends glad that they have so much faith in her even when she doubts herself. "I'm getting tired it's like what 11:00 pm?" Carlos asked. "Yeah I'm beat." Mal agreed. "Well technically we aren't supposed to leave until 12:00 am but I don't think anyone is going to notice, so let's go." Ben said. The gang quickly and quite stealthily made it out of the ballroom and towards their rooms.