The Palace of Pearl

Author's POV

During the 30 minute car ride to Sealasia Palace all of the former VKs' were glued to the windows never had they seen such a beautiful place. Sure Auradon was gorgeous but after seeing it every day for four years the view got a little boring. Doug, Jane, Lonnie and Ben all looked at their partners in amusement. It never ceased to amaze Ben that Mal and her friends were so ignorant of other things due to being raised on the Isle of the Lost. It was sad, he felt sorry for them but would never tell them for fear that he would be yelled at. The one emotion that couldn't stand that people had for them was pity. It was while thinking these things that Ben felt the car stop at the end of the Palace walkway which was lined with the citizens of Sealasia hoping to see the king and his companions. It was Ben who was first to get out which caused a roar of applause from the crowd. Ben went around to the side where Mal was sitting and opened the door for her. Then, Ben took Mal's hand and helped her out of the car. Once Mal was out Ben brought her hand to his lips and kissed the knuckle that Mal was wearing his signet ring on causing her to blush.The crowd awwed and cheered at the sight of the gesture. Mal looked up at Sealasia Palace and was truly stunned. The Palace really was made out of pearl, and it was gorgeous. Mal heard Evie sigh but didn't have time to do so herself because Ben was leading her up the walkway to the palace. Mal glanced back and saw the Doug, Jay, and Carlos were leading Evie, Lonnie, and Jane in the same fashion as Ben was leading herself with Dude trailing behind them. As they got closer to the palace Mal realized that this was the first time she would be meeting a royal that didn't have any history with her and her friends parents. Therefore they would not have any ill opinion of them. Finally, they were at the palace steps where a beautiful woman with flowing red hair in a capped sleeve coral summer dress and a pearl diadem upon her head, Mal immediately recognized Queen Ariel. Standing next to her was a handsome man with rich black hair and big blue eyes wearing a pair of board shorts and a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and sitting  atop his head a crown made of silver, sapphires  and a few pearls. All in all they made a lovely couple as well as King and Queen. As was customary Ben as the visiting king was to greet them first so he bowed to both King Eric and Queen Ariel. Mal as King consort to Ben curtsied to the two but was surprised when she was pulled into a hug by Ariel. "Thank you for all that you and your friends have done for this kingdom Mal. I'm glad you were able to keep Uma daughter of Ursula from getting her revenge on you, she would probably have come here next." Ariel said sincerely. "Well she messed with me, and took what was mine no one touches my things but you are welcome." Mal said smirking at Ben. "I also think it's super cool how you can turn into a dragon." Eric said. " Well thanks you are the first one who had said so." Mal said glaring at her friends and boyfriend who have never said that to her. "Hey we think it's cool too." Evie said. "Yeah I love it." Carlos said. "Makes you a bad***" Jay said. "I think it's hot." Ben said stunning everyone. "Did I say that out loud?" Ben asked nervously. "Yes lover boy you did." Lonnie said causing everyone to laugh. "Why don't we go inside and get out of the sun I'm sure you all are starving." Ariel said changing the subject to which Ben was extremely grateful for. It was true they hadn't eaten anything since breakfast and it was now 5:00 PM. Ariel ushered them into the main dining room for dinner. "Now why don't you all have a seat." Eric said. To which everyone was thankful for, Ben's speech had lasted an hour which they all had to stand for and though they got a 30 minute break for the car ride the walk to the palace lasted another 30 minutes as they had to stop and greet people. "Yes let's." Ben agreed. "All of you ladies look lovely may I ask who designed your outfits?" Ariel asked because no matter how grown she must be as queen she is still a young girl at heart. "Your looking at her." Evie stated. "Oh wow you must think of starting your own fashion company, the whole world would kill for your designs." Ariel said. "Maybe someday but for now I like just making clothes for my friends that way no one else has what they have. All of my works are one of a kind." Evie stated. "Of course I understand am and glad that you know what you are doing." Ariel conceded inclining her head. "So what's on the menu I'm starving?" Carlos asked. "Carlos!" Mal said about to scold him. "No no Mal it's ok he is a male after all Food is always one of the two things on their minds, the other thing is best not discussed here." Ariel said laughing at everyone's expressions with her last part of that sentence. Well when she was still a mermaid and would follow ships around she heard a good amount of unsavory things from sailors so this was a pretty mild conversation."Oh come on, ladies you know exactly what I'm talking about your boyfriends are all teenagers which means that quite frankly they can be a little excitable with their bodies." Ariel said. "God don't we know it, just ask Mal what Ben did this morning." Evie said grinning evilly. "Can we not." Ben and Mal said in unison."Fine I will just say that beastie boy her was acting more beast than boy."Evie said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively."E!" Mal exclaimed. "Um hello can someone please answer my original question? What are we eating?" Carlos asked again. "Food." Jay said. "Shut up Jay I wasn't asking you. I was asking Queen Ariel." Carlos said. "Well we know you guys are probably used to those stuffy uptight royal dinners where there isn't any real interesting conversations that have like 5 courses to suffer through. So Eric and I figured after all the traveling you all have had to do today I figured we would keep it simple with lobster with a side of peas and carrots and a roll. and for dessert we have strawberry cheesecake." Ariel said.
"Yum." Mal said, strawberry anything was her favorite. "Yes I agree." Ariel said. "Now Mal I wanted to talk to you about something important."

Dundunda what is Ariel's question find out next chapter