Surprising News and Dragon Duels

This is chapter is dedicated to horsesarelife17  for being the first person to ever comment on my story. Also for this chapter I made a new dragon species for reasons that will become apparent later in this chapter. Also Astrid is probably acting a little out of character, but this story is not really about her anyways so it doesn't matter that much. Also I don't know if you know this or not but Mal is part fairy and I know I haven't mentioned a whole lot and I probably won't, because I like focusing on her dragon side. When ever if says she is part fae that means fairy. Sorry I about the long spiel. On with the story.
😃😃😃😃😃😃😄😃😃😃😃😃😃

Author's POV

Mal awoke to the sound of retching, her first reaction was to look at Evie's bed, thinking it might be her, but no she was still sound asleep. Mal considered staying in bed but that felt wrong. So Mal got out of bed with a sigh and went to the bathroom to see who was puking there guts out at this ungodly hour and was surprised to find the Chief's wife, Astrid.Mal hesitantly knocked on the doorframe." Are you okay?" Mal asked. Astrid was about to answer before she leaned back over the toilet. Mal quickly stepped forward to hold the poor woman's hair. Finally after a few seconds the retching had ceased. Mal handed Astrid a towel to wipe her face off with. "So do you want to talk about it?" Mal asked hesitantly. "What's there to talk about? I'm pregnant." Astrid said. "Wait a minute, your pregnant? Does Hiccup know?" Mal asked."Yep see." Astrid said holding up a pregnancy test."No Hiccup doesn't know yet. I'm going to announce it today at breakfast. I hope he will be happy."Astrid said."Oh well I'm sure he will be overjoyed." Mal said in the best comforting tone she could muster. "You aren't very good at this comfort thing are you?" Astrid asked. "Well I grew up on the Isle of the Lost. The people there aren't exactly the comforting type. One time when I was little and I scraped my knee I went to my mom for comfort and she told me to suck it up before she gave me something to cry about and laughed." Mal said."Oh I'm sorry."Astrid said. "Eh it was a long time ago. Besides I turned her into a lizard. I'm the one who got the last laugh. But anyways I really do believe Hiccup will be excited, and if his anywhere near is kind to his child as he is to strangers especially one who was prepared to kill him, the child is going to be in great hands." Mal assured. "Thanks Mal." Astrid said. "No
problem, but I should probably go before Evie wakes up and wonders where I am." Mal said getting up to leave. "Alright I'll see you at breakfast." Astrid said as Mal left. "See you." She called back, before entering the room she and Evie shared. Mal tried to open the door as quietly as possible so she wouldn't wake up Evie, but unfortunately her plan failed. "Where were you?" Evie asked curiously. "Bathroom."Mal answered and it was the truth technically."Well now that we are both awake we might as well get dressed for the day." Evie said standing up and going to their suit cases. "Here put this on." Evie said hand Mal an outfit. It was a green belted tunic with purple leather pants and a pair of green boots, along with the headband she wore yesterday with a pair of golden hoop earrings and an emerald necklace. Mal quickly put on the outfit and fishtailed her hair. She added some strawberry lipgloss and eyeliner. Mal turned to Evie and saw her friend was wearing a red leather skirt with blue leggings, as well a blue tank top and a red leather jacket. Her hair was in a French braid." You ready?" Mal asked. "Ready." Evie confirmed. And with that the two best friends walked downstairs and to the eating area together.

Upon entering the dining room Mal grabbed a cinnamon roll and sat in Ben's lap, while Evie went to sit by Doug. "You look cute." Ben complimented. "Why thank you." Mal said kissing his cheek. "Hey everyone I have an announcement." Astrid said catching everyone's attention. Mal smiled to herself knowing what was about to happen."I'm pregnant." Astrid declared, causing a round of cheers and clapping. Hiccup swept his wife up in his arms and kissed her. "I told you he'd be happy!" Mal shouted over the noise. "You knew?" Ben asked her." Only since this morning I found her in the bathroom this morning and she told me. She wanted it to be a surprise." Mal replied. "Well that's sweet of you to keep it a secret." Ben said. "I say to celebrate we all go out for a flight!" Hiccup announced. "That would be great, except we don't know how to fly." Ben said gesturing to himself as well as the rest of the gang. "Oh don't worry we are going to put you all on training dragons. They basically follow their leader which would be me, and I was also thinking that Ben could ride on Mal." Hiccup said. "Wait would it be safe? What if I drop him?" Mal asked. "It will be perfectly safe, and if you drop him Toothless and I will catch him." Hiccup assured. "Okay just let me get changed." Mal said running up the stairs to change into another one of Ben's old jersies.