Records, Preparations and Emergencies

"Ben, how much farther away is our next destination?" Mal asked. She was laying in Ben's bed where she'd fallen asleep the night before. She woke up to him trying to move her so he could work on some paperwork. He now sat at his desk. They'd been on the boat for a week and 1/2 and everyone was getting stir crazy. Mal had spent most of her time drawing or spending time with Ben or the others but was getting tired of being on the boat. Also their wasn't much to look at but water. If not for the drop in the temperature that Mal noticed a few days ago or the occasional ice floe you'd never know that they were actually traveling.
"We should be their by 5:00 tonight." Ben replied. Mal looked at the clock, it was 6:00 AM right now. Mal got up and pulled on one of Ben's hoodies over her night gown as well as a pair of his sweat pants and went to stand by him. "What are you doing?" Mal asked, curiously. "Writing about everything that happened in China. I plan to do so at every location we visit. I've already written about Sealasia and Berk. It's sort of like a record of our adventures if you will." Ben replied, smiling at her.
"Are you almost done?" Mal asked.
"Yes. Why?" Ben asked. "Because you woke me up early, I'm cold and I want to cuddle." Mal grumbled. Ben put down his pen. "There I'm finished. Now come on my grumpy dragon lets go to bed." Ben said laying down on the bed and pulling Mal in close to his chest. After several minutes Mal's breathing evened out indicating she was asleep. Ben smiled at how cute she was when she slept, her soft, pink lips slightly open, her hair falling out of its braid and how she had her arms curled between their bodies. As Ben was thinking these things his eyes started to close and he fell asleep smiling.

Later Mal was awakened by the sound of laughter. Bewildered she sat up, careful not to jostle Ben and looked around the room. She saw Jay and Carlos who were laughing and Doug, Evie, Lonnie and Jane standing off to the side grinning. "What are you laughing at?" Mal growled. "How funny you look when you sleep. With your hair sticking up everywhere." Jay answered. Mal was about to retort but was stopped by Ben who chose that moment to talk while still laying down with his eyes closed. "Dragon what's going on? Lay back down." Ben said, sleepily. "Oh my God did he just call you dragon? That's great!" Carlos said as he and Jay burst into laughter. Ben finally sat up and saw what was going on. He was also shirtless. "What are you all doing in here?" Ben asked. "Well, originally we can to tell you something but I forgot what, then we starting laughing at Mal and how you call her dragon." Jay answered. "What time is it?" Ben asked. "10:00. You both slept in, we wanted to wake you up sooner, but the girls wouldn't let us." Carlos said.  "It was for your own protection. If you aren't careful when you first wake Mal up you could end up with a black eye." Evie said. "So, does anyone remember what you had to tell us?" Ben asked. "I do. We came to tell you that it's snowing outside and the temperature is like 20 degrees. Which means we are getting close." Evie said. "Close to where?" Mal asked. "You'll find out when we get there." Ben replied. "How come you and Evie are the only two allowed to know where we're going? It's not fair." Mal pouted.
Because, for one I'm King and I have to know where we're going. Two Evie knows because she designed all the clothes for our trip for each different kingdom, and no we won't tell you so you might as well stop pouting." Ben replied. Mal huffed indignantly.
"Whatever let's just get dressed." Mal grumbled. "Yes that's a great idea. You can come see what I designed for you." Evie said. Mal looked around for her shoes and realized she didn't have any with her. She got up, pulling Ben's blanket around her and off the bed.
"Mal! It's freezing give that back." Ben groaned. "Sorry Benny Bear but I need this to walk to my room. Especially since it's cold. You don't want me to get sick before we reach our destination that you refuse to tell me do you?" Mal said sweetly. "Ugh whatever go get dressed, I'll get you back later." Ben said. "I'm sure you will." Mal said.
Evie took her arm and led her to her room.

On the way to her room Mal noticed that it was indeed snowing like Evie said and freezing. When they finally made it to Mal's room her bare feet were so cold that she immediately put a pair of socks on. Okay so what am I wearing?" Mal asked. "Something wonderful." Evie said cryptically handing a hanger on which the clothes were covered by a bag. Mal walked to her bathroom hoping that her outfit would be warm.

After taking off the bag on the hanger Mal knew that she would be very warm and stylish. On the hanger there was an emerald green fuzzy sweater with a pair of insulated dark purple leggings, as well as a pair of black boots. But Mal's favorite part of the whole outfit was the coat. It was a rich purple pea coat that fell just above her knee insulated with fake fur. The cuffs were lined with fake black fur as was the hem. Also included, was pair of black, soft, leather gloves and a light green scarf. To wear in her ears Evie provided a pair of emerald studs, no necklace was necessary as it would have just been covered by the scarf. Mal decided to put her hair in a ballerina bun with a few curled tresses around her face and ears. Mal also decided to wear more make up than usual choosing to a shimmery emerald colored eye shadow, and giving herself cat eyes with her eyeliner. Some maroon lipstick and blush completed the look.

Mal exited her bathroom and found, as she was discovering she would every time, all the girls in her room waiting.
Evie was wearing a red parka with brown fur lining the hood, sleeves, and hem. As well as a pair of brown leggings and maroon boots. A blue scarf was wrapped around her neck along with a pair of matching gloves. Mal couldn't see her shirt but figured it was probably a sweater. Evie wore her hair in a French braid. A pair sapphire studs adorned her ears. To complete the look, Evie's makeup consisted of a shimmery blue eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and red lip stick. As for Lonnie Evie had designed  a cute, long, blue, coat that had, cream fur lining the hood, hem, and cuffs. She also wore a pair of cream colored leggings as well as a pair of brown boots. Lonnie styled her hair in a ponytail. On her neck she wore a gold scarf with a matching pair of gold gloves. For makeup Lonnie wore gold eyeshadow, brown eyeliner, and a nude-colored lipstick.  Jane's outfit consisted of a dark and light blue plaid pea coat. However, unlike Mal's pea coat, Jane's only rat to the middle of her thigh. The hood was lined with soft, white fur as was the hem and cuffs. Jane also wore a pair of dark blue leggings as well as a pair of white boots. Around her neck, Jane wore a baby blue scarf with a matching pair of leather gloves. Jane's hair was up in a French twist. In her ears, Jane wore a pair of diamond studs. Some light blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick completed Jane's look. Mal was just about the complement them, when Jay burst through the door. "Mal, we need you right now there's an emergency." Jay said in a rush. Mal not knowing what else to do followed him to the deck, with the girls right beside her. She looked out at the sea and was terrified. For as far as the eye could see, part of the ocean had frozen over. And they were heading right for it.

Dun dun Duh

What will they do?