Forgetfulness and Formal Dinners

Mal had finally been deemed well enough to move to her assigned bedroom themed in deep purple and gold in the palace, for once grateful to be separated from Evie. This way Mal wouldn't have to explain where she was going if she snuck out of her room at night to see Ben. However, before leaving her temporary bed on the sofa she and Ben had cleaned up any mess that they'd made. They also had the blankets washed by a servant whom they had to bribe to keep from speaking of what she and Ben had done on the couch. The old Mal would've just threatened the serving girl with her life. But that was wrong and not good, and although she was still mischievous and more than a little ornery, new Mal was still good. So instead, Mal and Ben each gave the servant $25.00 and sent her on her way. Now it was nearing dinner time, their first official dinner with Queen Elsa, Princess Anna and Kristoff, who, Mal was surprised to learn was betrothed to Princess Anna. Looking back on their interactions, Mal realized that maybe it wasn't so surprising. Mal thought about the way he looked at he princess, how he'd saved Mal's life because the princess ordered him to, when he held her hand and how easily persuaded he was by her, along with the envious expression the princess had when she saw Ben and Mal together. It then dawned on Mal the look of resentment from Kristoff wasn't because he didn't like her, or at least not completely, it was because he and Anna weren't able to be as free with their affections for each other as Mal and Ben could. Yes, the more Mal thought about it the more since it made. A knock on Mal's door interrupted her thoughts. "Come in!" Mal called. The door opened, revealing a very done up Evie holding a covered hanger that could only contain Mal's clothes. Evie was wearing a floor length, baby blue, chiffon evening gown with a sweetheart neckline and short capped sleeves. She also had a red cashmere wrap draped around her shoulders. A pair of modest dark blue heels were on her feet. Evie's hair was in an elegant bun, adorned with a silver hairpin. A silver chain necklace with a simple sapphire pendant adorned her neck with a matching set of teardrop sapphire earrings in her ears. Evie's  make up was muted, accentuating her natural beauty as a result. She looked lovely and elegant, but Mal couldn't figure out why she was so dressed up.
"Um Eves, not that you don't look fantastic or anything, but why are you so dressed up? We're just having dinner." Mal said, confused. "Oh no Mal don't tell me you forgot!" Evie cried. "Forgot what?" Mal asked, cluelessly. "Tonight we are having a formal dinner. Not only will the Queen, princess and her betrothed be there, but so will many of the members of Queen Elsa's cabinet and her own advisors. Not to mention the countless important lords and ladies. Mal, we have to get you ready now!" Evie exclaimed. "Gee Evie I'm so sorry I forgot about the formal dinner. Must've had to do with the fact that I almost died yesterday." Mal said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Evie so used to Mal's sarcasm, didn't miss a beat. "Apology accepted. Now go!" Evie ordered, glancing at the clock on Mal's night stand which read 4:45 pm. Mal stood up and caught the outfit Evie had thrown and rushed to her bathroom. Quickly, Mal unzipped the bag on the hanger and allowed herself a brief moment to admire her outfit that Evie had created. The dress, at first glance looked plain and simple but there was an elegance to its simplicity, and with the accessories Evie had included it would look stunning. On the hanger, made of a light, gauzy, material was a floor length evening gown with long, flowing, gossamer-like sleeves. The gown was gradient and ranged in various hues of greens, from the lightest spring green at the top, all the way to the deepest shade of emerald at the bottom. The dress flowed over her body like water. The bodice was fitted with a deep v neckline that was embroidered with emeralds and glass beads. Mal then put on the long gold chain necklace with a pendant displaying a pair of gold dragons curled together around their hoard of emeralds along with a pair of emerald teardrop earrings. A pair of low dark green heels were made for her feet. Mal slipped them on and left the bathroom to find Evie waiting at her vanity with her arsenal of beautifying torture devices laid out before her. She beckoned Mal forward and sat her on the vanity stool. "So how long do we have?" Mal asked. "Not enough to waste talking. So hush and let me work." Evie replied, all business. So, Mal sat silently and let Evie work her magic without complaint. Finally, Evie pronounced she was finished and Mal looked in the mirror and smiled. The dress was stunning on her. It flowed with the movements of her body like water. Evie had done Mal's hair in a simple but elegant updo with braided pieces weaving around, Evie had also placed a gold dragon hair clip identical to the pendant on her necklace. Mal's make up was slightly more pronounced than Evie's with shimmering green eyeshadow and a bit of eyeliner and mascara, as well as a slightly dark red lipstick. Mal turned to find Evie holding out a cream cashmere wrap with flecks of gold cast about in it.
"Wow, you've outdone yourself again Eves." Mal complimented. "I know. Now we've got 5 minutes to make it to the ceremonial dining room so let's grab Lonnie and Jane and go!" Evie said urgently.

Evie and Mal arrived at Jane's door and knocked. The door swung open revealing a startled but beautiful Jane. She was wearing a light pink, long, spaghetti strap evening gown, that billowed out at the bottom. The hem was embroidered with pearls as was the scoop neckline. Jane also wore a baby blue wrap and pearl jewelry set. Her hair was in a elegant braid of some sort. Lonnie was behind her wearing a dark pink halter neck evening gown with a plunging neckline embroidered with diamonds, as was the hem. A light pink wrap and diamond jewelry set were included. Lonnie wore her long, dark hair down in waves. "Let's go." Evie urged. The girls had exactly 1 minute to make it to the dining room.