Breakfast Arguements and Dragon Punishments

So I was really conflicted about posting the last chapter because I didn't know if it was appropriate or if it made any sense as it was my first time writing anything like that so some constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Author's POV

Make awoke the next morning, and was surprised to find that her arm was feeling better already. She smiled at the memory of last night but then groaned when she realized that everyone would be looking at her and Ben crazy. Still Mal had to get up and ready for the day. She looked over and saw Evie was still asleep which was odd because usually she was up like two hours before Mal doing her daily beauty routine. Mal went over and shook her shoulder. "E, it's time to wake up." Mal said. Evie grumbled and turned away from Mal. "Come on Eves, don't make me get the water."Mal warned. Evie quickly sat up and was wide awake. "Okay I'm up." Evie said. "Good now please get me something to wear."Mal said. Sighing Evie went over to Mal's suitcase and threw an outfit at her. Mal held it up. The tunic was loose fitting and black with neon green lace and the leggings were neon green with black lace. Evie handed her a neon green dragon hairpin, a pair of black hoop earrings with a black leather choker with a neon green dragon pendant that matched her hairpin . A pair of black boots with neon green laces completed to look.Mal put her hair in a messy bun with the dragon hairpin on the side added some eyeliner and strawberry lipgloss and was ready to go. Mal turned to Evie and saw she was wearing a similar shirt only it was shorter, form- fitting and was blue with red lace. Evie wore a pair of red leather pants and some low heeled blue boots with red rhinestones. For jewelry Evie had a gold necklace with a ruby heart with a crown on it and matching earrings. Evie s hair was in a high ponytail with a gold headband decorated with rubies and sapphires. "You look great." Both girls said to each other at the same time then the burst out laughing. Once they'd regained control of themselves they headed downstairs.

When they got there Jay immediately glared at Mal, clearly still irritated about last night. She noticed everyone else was staring at her as well. Except for Hiccup, Astrid, and Valka who were clueless of as to what had happened the night before. However, Toothless was also looking at her strangely. Well dragons do have good hearing, he probably heard everything. Mal thought to herself. Then Mal realized she must have been standing there awhile because Evie was sitting next to Doug, so Mal quickly  sat down on Ben's lap after grabbing some bacon and a cinnamon bun. "So how did everyone sleep?" Valka asked." Why don't you ask Mal and Ben?" Jay said sneering.
"Really Jay? We're doing this now?" Mal asked. "Doing what? I thought you and Ben had that covered last night." Jay replied snarkily. "Jay! Stop it!" Mal yelled. "Stop what Mal? Stop telling everyone here what you and Ben were up to last night!? I haven't even gotten started." Jay yelled back. Mal's eyes started to glow."Jay you'd better stop it right now before you say something might regret." Mal warned. "Come on Jay just stop." Lonnie urged. He just shrugged her off. "Is that a threat? Are you threatening your friends now?" Jay asked. "No Jay I'm not threatening you, I'm warning you." Mal said deadly calm. "Warning me? Huh, well at least you've actually got a shirt on this time." Jay said. Mal smacked him across his face with her good hand hard. Everyone gasped. Jay went to retaliate purely on instinct from the Isle. Ben got up to protect Mal but was surprised by the black blur that had sprung across the table and pinned Jay to the ground." Good dragon, very good dragon." Mal said to Toothless. Jay tried to get up but couldn't. "Let me up." Jay ordered. Toothless just stared at him with a look that said, 'oh so you think you can order a night fury around, that's cute.' "Come on tell him to get off of me." Jay pleaded looking at Hiccup. "Toothless down." Hiccup ordered but the dragon wouldn't budge. "Well I tried. I think he's waiting for you to say something." Hiccup said. "Mal could you magic him off of me?" Jay asked. Mal just glared at him with a look that said,'Did you really just ask me to do something nice for you right now?' Jay sighed. No one was going to help him. "What's he want me to say?" Jay asked. "You got yourself into this you can get yourself out." Astrid all but spat to Jay. Yeah so she's definitely not on team Jay at the moment. Jay thought. "Doug? help me?" Jay asked. He was about to reply but stopped when Evie spoke. "Doug if you help him I swear I will never ever touch you again." Evie threatened. Doug just shook his head. "Jane?" He questioned, normally he could convince her to help him because she was so nice. "No. I don't want to be dragon lunch today plus you acted like a jerk." Jane responded. "Ben help?" Jay asked. Ben gave a beastly growl. "Right you're mad at me too." Jay said knowing Ben would be a long shot."Carlos?" Jay asked his best friend." Sorry bro, but what you said and did was really wrong I can't be on your side in this." Carlos said. "Lonnie baby? Help me please?" He asked his girlfriend. "Oh don't you Lonnie baby me I tried to stop you but you wouldn't listen. You are on your own." Lonnie snapped. "Aw come on no one is on team Jay? Not even you Snotlout?" Jay asked. "No way man I can't help anyone who disrespects a lady." Snotlout said. "So who wants to go to the cove and go swimming today?" Astrid asked. "That sounds great. Let's all go get changed." Ben said. Once again no one offered to help Jay. As they were walking out of the door jay called for help one more time but was ignored. "Come on Toothless let me up." Jay said. Toothless just blinked at him. "What do you want from me?" Jay asked exasperated. Toothless looked at him like he was stupid. "Right, you can't talk." Jay said. Toothless snorted. "Oh that look wasn't because you can't talk it was because even if you could you wouldn't tell me." Jay reasoned.
"So let me think, if I were a dragon what would I want to hear?" Jay asked.
"Toothless you are magnificent." Jay tried complimenting the dragon. Toothless gave him a look that said 'tell me something I don't know.' "So it's not flattery." Jay said. Jay thought and tried different things, all morning and when he noticed it was afternoon he began to get frustrated. "Come on just let me up you bad dragon!" Jay shouted. Toothless snarled and put his paw against Jay's chest. "Ow ow okay okay I didn't mean that I'm sorry." Jay said. Toothless eased up when he said he was sorry. "Oh so that's it you want me to apologize. Ok here goes: Toothless I'm sorry I did whatever I did to make you upset." Jay said solemnly. Toothless snorted.  This has got to be the dumbest human ever. Toothless thought. "Hey Toothless this is the part where you let me up and we hug like friends or whatever."Toothless looked at him with a glare that said clearly said, 'I'm never going to hug you' "Okay so no hugs got it. Now will you let me up?" Jay asked again. Toothless snorted at him." So if I'm not supposed to apologize to you, then who am I supposed to apologize to?" Jay asked. Toothless rolled his eyes. I swear all human males are idiots except Hiccup. Toothless thought to himself. Jay spent the next 4 hours trying to narrow down who he was supposed to apologize to, when it came to him. "Oh! You want me to apologize to Mal!" Jay said as if he had discovered the secret to immortality. Somebody give the boy a medal, it only took him 8 hours. Toothless thought. "Okay but there's only one problem she's not back yet." Jay said. Sucks for you cause I'm not letting you up until they get here and you apologize. Toothless thought. An hour later when the door came open and jay had  never been so happy to see his friends in his life. "Hey guys guess what? I know what Toothless wants from me." Jay said. "Good for you." Astrid said sarcastically. "Mal, come here please." Jay asked. Reluctantly Mal sat down beside his and Toothless. She pet the dragon's head but wouldn't look at Jay. "Mal I'm sorry. What I said was wrong and immature. I'm also sorry for the way I reacted when you slapped me, it was instinct from living on the Isle, but that's no excuse. I understand if you don't forgive me, but I truly am sorry." Jay said sincerely. "I could have told everyone about yours and Lonnie's personal life too but I didn't, what you did really hurt me Jay. But you're my friend so I forgive you." Mal said finally looking at him. Toothless got off of Jay. "Than you for forgiving me. Now if you'll excuse me I've been laying on that floor with a dragon on me for 8 hours so I really, really need to use the bathroom." Jay said running up the stairs. Mal and the others laughed. That night Jay went to bed smiling and silently thanking Toothless for helping him realize his stupidity and beating him into the shape of a better friend.