Fire and Ice

" Oh my God!" Mal exclaimed. "What are we going to do?" Jane asked.
"Mal can you melt the ice?" Ben asked.
"Not without transforming." Mal replied. "Will you transform? If the boat hits that we are stuck." Ben asked. "Yes I can transform just let me go change." Mal said starting to go back to her room. "There's no time, you have to do it now." Ben ordered. Mal knew he was right but she didn't want to ruin her outfit. An idea came to her. "Boys turn around I'm about to strip." Mal ordered. The boys did what she said without hesitation. Mal quickly shucked off the many articles of clothing she wore and tossed them to Evie. The cold air hit her body like a shock wave, but it didn't matter, she had a job to do. Ignoring the biting cold, she took three deep breaths and thought of three things in her life that brought her joy. First she pictured Evie's smiling face, then Ben holding her, and finally flying. When Mal opened her eyes she saw that she transformed successfully. Mal noticed that the boat was only a few feet away from the ice now. She leapt off and launched herself into the air. Just before the boat made contact with the ice, Mal shot a fireball and then blocked the boat with her huge wings to make sure none of the chunks of ice hit the boat. As Mal looked ahead she realized that in order for the boat to continue to sail she was going to have to shoot fireballs until they reached open water again. So, Mal continued to shoot fireballs and protect the boat, not stopping to eat, or rest. Around 4:00 her wings were beginning to droop and she was about to give up, when out of nowhere a huge chunk of ice was thrown at her. Adrenaline filled Mal's veins as she realized she was being attacked. Mal shot a fireball at the ice causing it to melt in mid air. Mal tried to discern which direction it came from but a fog had rolled in making it hard to see. "Mal!" Evie shouted. Mal whipped her head around and saw an ice chunk heading straight for the boat. Mal grabbed it wit her claws and slung it back to the direction it came from. It was quiet for a while, then a volley of ice chunks descended on them. Mal shielded the boat with her body while shooting fireballs at the chunks. Finally the chunks stopped coming, but Mal had had enough. Angry, she shot fireball after fireball into the fog. The flames were so hot that they instantly melted the rest of the ice that they'd been stuck in for the past 6 hours. Suddenly the fog dissipated and a boat was revealed with two women standing on the deck. One had brownish orange hair , the other  had hair so blond it was almost white. Mal realized these were the people who were flinging ice at them. Mal was about to go after them, when all the energy left her body, causing her to change back into a naked girl as she felt herself falling and falling. Her last thought before she blacked out was of how silly it was that she would die like this.

When Mal came to, she noticed that someone had dressed her again, probably Evie. The next thing she noticed was how cold she was even though she was bundled up with several blankets piled on top of her, her teeth chattered and her body wracked with shivers. Looking around the room she notice a wood fireplace with embers and flames licking the logs. The floor was made of royal blue carpet along with several fuzzy rugs strewn about. Mal realized she was laying on a white couch. The walls were a deep blue to match the floor. There was a small desk in the corner. Then Mal saw what looked like a plush snowman with a cloud above its head producing snow.Until it moved. Mal thinking she was hallucinating ignored it. Then it spoke. "Hi I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs." The snowman said, smiling. Mal jumped, startled. "What are you?" Mal asked, not knowing what else to say. "I'm a snowman that was given life by Queen Elsa and her ice magic."Olaf replied, coming closer to Mal." Where am I? Who's Queen Elsa? How did I get here? Where are my friends? Who dressed me?" Mal asked, in a rush.  "You're in Arendale, ruled by Elsa which makes her a queen. You were brought here by The Queen and Princess, Your friends are getting settled and you were dressed by your friend with the blue hair." Olaf answered, patiently. "How long was I out?" Mal asked. "About 4 hours." Olaf replied.
"Have you been in here the whole time?" Mal asked. "Yes I volunteered to look after you while your friends conversed with the queen and princess." Olaf answered. "Thank you for taking care of me." Mal said. Olaf beamed, then he noticed how bad she was shivering. "Oh dear, let me take your temperature. Wow you have a 101 degree fever. We need to get you warmed up some more. I'll go get some hot cocoa." Olaf said, leaving in a hurry. Mal waited for several minutes before the door opened again. However, it wasn't just Olaf that appeared in the door. With him, was Ben and her friends as well as the women who attacked them which Mal now realized were the queen and princess. A man with blond hair was holding the princess's hand. Evie and Ben were the first to reach Mal's side, Ben kneeling beside her taking her hand, and stroking her face gently. Evie hugged her best friend before pulling a chair from the desk over to sit by her. Jay and Carlos gave her hugs as did Doug and the girls before taking seats on another couch as well as a love seat. Ben was murmuring sweet words to her when the blond woman who Mal guessed was the queen cleared her throat. Ben and Evie snapped to attention but didn't leave Mal's side.
Mal's inner dragon recognized her as the one who attacked them, causing Mal to growl low in her throat like, well a dragon. Everyone in the room looked at Mal in shock, then the blond man took a step forward towards Mal. Mal's dragon was growing agitated in her soul. The man stopped. "Why are her eyes glowing?" The man asked.
"Well Mal's eyes will glow for many different reasons,sometimes depending on her emotions. They glow when she's scared, upset or angry. Or when she's feelings threatened. Oh and when she's doing magic or about to transform." Evie replied. "Uh huh and why are they glowing right now?" The man asked.
"Probably because she's angry and might feel threatened. Also whenever she feels threatened she usually turns into a dragon so if I were you I would choose my actions carefully. Especially considering that she growled, which wasn't actually her but her inner dragon that shares her soul." Jay replied. The blond man stepped back to where he was before.
The queen was about to speak but the princess held her hand up as an 'I got this gesture'. "King Ben can you step away so I can speak with her?" The princess asked, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Mine." Mal growled. The princess instantly took her hand off Ben's shoulder. "I don't think that's a good idea." Evie said. "Right well, Mal my name is Anna. I'm very sorry for what happened on the water. We didn't know what  you were and we were scared. But that's no excuse, my sister thinks I can be rash, but in my opinion she's just as bad. I'm sure she's very sorry as well right Elsa?" Anna said giving the queen a pointed look. "Yes I'm very sorry. After speaking to the king and your friends I realized the mistake I made." The queen said. As the two women apologized Mal's dragon quieted and even though she would rather have them groveling on their knees she retreated back into Mal's soul, giving back Mal's ability to reason again. When Mal looked up her eyes were no longer glowing. "I accept your apology. Now,the last thing I remember is falling from the sky. Can someone tell me what happened after that?" Mal asked. "You fell into the -30 degree ocean water. When you didn't come back up, Kristoff jumped in after you, he brought you on board to our boat, you were naked and shivering and only half conscious, we wrapped you in my cloak, before losing consciousness you said, You were with a king. Then you passed out. Halfway back to the castle you woke up with your eyes glowing and began thrashing and growling and threatening us. That must have been your inner dragon. Anyways we got you to the castle. Kristoff wanted to place you in the prison tower but Olaf insisted we bring you here. He took care of you until your friends arrived.
At first there was a great deal of arguing before we let them in. Your blue haired friend brought you some clothes and dressed you, then we all went to discuss everything that had happened. Finally, Olaf informed us you were awake, which is how we came here." Anna explained. "Are you Kristoff?" Mal asked the blond haired man.  "Yes." He confirmed. "Thank you for saving my life." Mal said. "I didn't have choice, Anna made me. But I guess you're welcome." Kristoff replied. Mal and her friends bristled at his rudeness. "You know when someone thanks you and is sincere you shouldn't be an a**." Jay said bluntly, defending Mal. The queen and princess both sucked in a breath as did Olaf and Ben. "Jay!" Mal exclaimed. "What it's true? Here you are having almost died, laying here shivering, yet still have enough energy to express your gratitude and the man can't even accept it." Jay said. "Not to mention you're exhausted from having to blast ice open all day so that we wouldn't wreck the boat." Evie added. Mal looked at the Queen and princess waiting for their reaction to Jay's and Evie's words. Finally they laughed hard. When they finally caught their breath, the princess spoke. "Oh my God that was great! I couldn't have said it better myself." The princess said. Seeing Kristoff's hurt expression she spoke again. "What? You don't have any reason to feel hurt, you do act like an a** a lot." Anna said. "Whatever I'm going to bed." Kristoff snapped leaving the room. "Is he going to be okay?" Mal asked. "Yeah he's fine. Kristoff just doesn't like it when he gets served. So when he does, he likes to pout." Elsa said. "But he's right about one thing, it is time for bed, Mal I don't think we should move you right now because of how cold you are so is it okay if Olaf stays here with you tonight?" Princess Anna asked. Mal didn't really want to be apart from her friends but she knew that to get better she would have to stay put. "Yes that's fine." Mal replied. "Alright well we will see you tomorrow." Anna said grabbing her sister's arm and leading her from the room. "Hey I brought you some pajamas. Do you want some help changing?" Evie asked. Mal smiled. "Yes please, but after everyone else leaves."Mal replied. Lonnie and Jane were the first to leave after telling everyone goodnight. Then Jay and Carlos, once they were sure Mal wasn't going to die left as well. "Goodnight Ben. I love you." Mal said. "Goodnight Mal I love you too." Ben said kissing her forehead and leaving. Now it was just Mal, Olaf and Evie. "Hey Olaf can you turn around so I can get dressed?" Mal asked. "Yeah no problem." The snowman said turning his back. "Here I brought you these, they're flannel so they should keep you nice and worm." Evie said showing Mal a purple and green flannel night shirt and a matching pair of pants. Mal took off the blankets, and her other clothes and, with Evie's help,  She managed to get the clothes on. "Olaf you can look now." Evie called. Evie stood to go, but Mal wasn't ready for her to yet. "Hey Eves? Will you brush my hair and French braid it?" Mal asked. Evie smiled and nodded. "Yes just let me find my hair brush and hair tie. Here they are." Evie said before sitting behind Mal. As Evie worked Mal's eyes began to droop. Mal was vaguely aware of Evie leaving and felt Olaf cover her back up, but then her exhaustion caught up with her and she fell into a deep sleep.