Chapter 3: A Girl for Danny

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.  If you ever have the time, check out my latest scifi story 'The Monument of Exodus.' Anyways, enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~If only you saw what I can see, you'll understand why I'd want you so desperately.~

I grabbed about ten shirts, five pairs of pants and other necessities and dumped it all on my bed.  I selected one big luggage bag.  I was always told that I was a heavy traveler but I didn't mind.  I didn't tell Danny but I had a feeling I would be staying in Milan for a while.

But I finished quick enough and so I decided to head to the restaurant where Danny worked.  It was this little place called St. Pizza.  It's the best pizzeria here in Oaksville and ever since he got the job, he's been earning really high pays compared to all his other crappy  jobs back in New York.  The owner of the pizzeria is also a friend of my dad's which is how Danny got the job in the first place.  The manager is a guy named Mr. Ivan Jenner.  He is nice and a lot of people like him.  Their pizzas are also great so you'd know by now that I am a regular customer there.

"Hey Chris!"  Mr. Jenner greeted me upon entering.

One of the best things about him must be that mustache of him.  It's been an inspiration to all men here in Oaksville.  It's just so...fine.  I've tried growing a mustache but it did not do well and Lindsey always said that it made her uncomfortable when we kissed.  Danny, on the other hand, had tried too but his face just wasn't the best nest for facial hair.  I sat on my usual table and ordered my usual - a small ham and cheese pizza with a large Coca-Cola.  I also always request that Danny makes my pizza so that if it tasted good, I'd give him a nice slap on the back and if it was bad, I would bitch about it all week until he make me a better one.

"Danny isn't here so-" Mr. Jenner spoke.

"I know."  I cut him off.  "Then, just let someone else do it. I'm good."

He was about to go back to the kitchen when a tired-looking Danny rushed into the pizzeria.  He ran to my table and caught his breath, panting continuously.  "What did I miss?"

"Awesome."  I smiled.  "My usual, please."

"Right on it.  Oh, and Chris, would you mind telling Mr. Jenner about that Milan thing. Thanks."  Then, he zoomed off to the kitchen.

"What's he talking about?" Mr. Jenner instictively asked.

"Oh, well, Danny and I will be travelling to Milan, Italy for...I don't know, maybe a few weeks if that's okay with you.  I already spoke to my boss and he's fine with it."

"I see."  He nodded.  "We're fine.  St. Pizza has got too much chefs already.  Danny can go."

Awesome.

"Oh,  and Chris?"

"Hmm?"

"You're single, right?"

I grunted but kept a smile on my face.  This has to be the works of my parents.  My parents were never really a big fan of Lindsey so when news of our break-up spread loose, they pretty much jumped for joy and when I moved here to Oaksville, they celebrated even more and since that wasn't enough for them, they've been setting me up to blind dates for a year.  Their friends weren't an exception.

"Yeah, but see, I'm not exactly looking for a relationship."  At least with whoever you're setting me up with unless it's Lindsey.

"Pity."  He said.  "My daughter, Olivia is currently single and I'd thought you'd be...I don't know, her type?"