Chapter 4: Shopping for Lindsey

It's the year 2118. Natalie Samson works at Exodus Corporation, an agency working to figure out the true whereabouts of the Earth - if it really has been divided, if the world really is cut into twenty-five parts, if the human race really did suffer a massive earthquake two centuries ago, if the land they're walking on really is Earth, if everything around them really is a lie.  In an accident, Natalie is shipped off to a distant land. She knows it's still her home planet and yet...it isn't. <------------------------The Monument of Exodus. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~And remember when my life is over remember when we were together.  We were alone and I was singing this song for you.~

"Hurry up, man!"  I yelled running to the boarding gate.

"Hey!  This isn't my fault!"  Danny shot back running along with me.  "I can't believe we're late!"

It's 7 o' clock in the morning and the plane's flight is on 7:05.  This is the first time I've ever been late for something.  I'm a punctual man.  I follow the whole you-must-be-in-the-airport-two-hours-before-the-flight rule.  But what happened?

I ignored the problem and continued running.  Thankfully, we got there at the last minute.  Literally.  When we sat on our seats, I checked my watch to see that it was 7:04.  I breathed a sigh of relief.  Thank God we made it. I would kill myself if we were to miss this flight.  It was a ten-hour flight so we would get there at approximiately five in the afternoon.  Now, that I think of  it.  I'm not sure.  I haven't checked into Italy's local time.  Now, I have a habit of going to sleep when I'm onboard a plane.  I would sleep through the entire flight except for a few bathroom breaks.  Danny, on the other hand, could never go to sleep on a plane.  I don't know if it had something to do with his own protection or something else but it was always like that.

I must've been sleeping for more than two hours already when Danny woke me up, which was weird.  Danny never wakes me up.  When paperwork  or food come along, he'd either order or answer the paperwork for me.  He knew that sleep was something I valued and that if I was deprived of it, I would become a monster.

"What is it?"  I grunted wiping the  saliva off my face.  Danny gave me my usual fish and chips and Coca-Cola.

He avoided my gaze and just looked in front of him.  "Check out the flight attendant right behind me."

I scowled.  "If she's for me, no.  There is a reason why we're going to Milan.  If she's for you, I have only one word to say - Olivia."

"Just turn around and look at her."  Danny turned his attention to me.

I rolled my eyes but finally got what Danny was trying to tell me.  The flight attendant was tall with a slender body and light complexion.  She had neat straight brown hair tied to a bun and grayish-blue eyes - just like Olivia.  No.  She wasn't just like Olivia.  She was Olivia.

"Why didn't you tell me that Olivia works as a flight attendant?"  I whispered to Danny.

"She's not."  He whispered back.  "She told me she works as a wedding planner, one of the best in Oaksville actually."

"Well, I'm not blind!  That is Olivia, or maybe her evil twin...I don't know!  All I know is that girl"  I pointed at the flight attendant.  "Is an Olivia look-alike."

"How may I help you?"

Danny and I froze.  It was the Olivia doppelganger.  We tried to look at her normally but our bugging eyes and creepy smiles were not helping her like us.  She looked at us incredulously.  I couldn't help but notice that she had an Italian accent.