Chapter 21: Reunited

Recap~

I was about to close the door when he stood before me.

He looked just like the one Lea showed me in her pictures - the same moppy dark blonde hair, dark blue eyes, muscularyly fit body.

"Hey Lea."  Chris Robinson greeted at the doorway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Once more, you open the door and you're here in my heart.~

 ~Lea Jansen~

I stood there open-mouthed.

I can't believe it.

I always had this optimism in me that I would find him but now that he was here, I was speechless. My voice really did have a power. I was just too scared to use it.

But I faced this one fact: I did it. I finally did it.  When I first wrote the it, it was just an outlet for my emotions and yet, it worked.  Because of the message in the bottle, I had united not only Chris and me but also Chris and Lindsey and my heart melted knowing that I had helped more than one couple.

Time seemed to slow down.  Everything else stopped. It was as if it was just the two of us in this world and all other distractions had left the two of us, we were alone.

I missed him.  Yes, I always had but now that he was right here in front of me, I felt the real extent of my emotions.  I didn't move.  I didn't even kiss him or hug him. I just stood there like a statue.

Chris moved around examining the surroundings around him.  He walked into my small dressing room and placed a small pot of orchid on my dressing table.  I hadn't even noticed that it was on his hand.  The flower was light pink and subtle in a way and I smiled.  I forgot how well he knew me.  Light pink orchid was my favorite flower.  I stood up from the chair and sat on the floor opposite Chris.

At long last, Chris looked at me in the eye with his serious dark blue eyes and finalliy spoke.  "How have you been?"

I couldn't answer.  I was commanding my mouth to say something but nothing came out.  I continued to stare at him.

"I guess, it wouldn't be a lie if I told you I missed you too." He shrugged smiling a little.

My eyes lit up.  That finally got my attention.  I thought I wouldn't smile but I did.  He knew exactly what to say.

"So, it's all coming back to you, isn't it?"  He asked.

I continued not speaking.  He knew me like the back of my head.  We may have separated for a year yet he knew me so well. That memory may not have been as significant to him as it was to me and yet he remembered it.

"I always told you singing that song would be a key point in your life."  He went on.  "I just didn't think that that key point was now."

Nothing. I was still quiet.

"You know, you were always the chatty one while I was the listener but right now, I think the roles have switched a little."

He was trying to make me laugh.  It wasn't the best move.  I'm not really the kind of person who was into humor.  Learning stage art all my life, drama's just always been better for me compared to humor, I guess.

"Okay," He looked me in the eye again.  "It's finally time.  I know that all we did was yell and argue last time but we're going to do it now. We're going to talk and settle this once and for all."

A tear went down my eye and I smiled.  He was right.  I know this may not turn out as well as I want it to be but I have to accept it.  You know what they say.  If you love someone, you have to set them free. I'm just watching to see if Chris is going to use that line or if he's going to rebel against it.