Chapter 6: A Date in Rome

~Deep in my soul, I've been so lonely.  All of my hopes fading away.  I've longed for love like everyone else does.  I know I'll keep searching even after today.~

Rome.  Lindsey went to Rome.  I was so confident that she was in Milan and it turned out that she was in the capital of Italy.  I shuffled on my seat in the airplane.  We checked out of the hotel and booked the first plane to Rome.  Unlike our first flight, we came to this one on time.

Danny was a little nervous.  On our first flight, we encountered an Olivia doppelganger which threatened their relationship.  What other obstacles would we tackle this time?  I tried to comfort him as much as possible being the whole best friend thing but he was still nervous.  I just prayed that no trouble would come to us in that flight so naturally, trouble did find us.

I was about to go to sleep when I saw her.  I saw her trademark straight brown hair, grayish blue eyes and tall and slender physique.  It was Adrianna - Olivia's doppelganger.  I kept telling myself that this was all a coincidence but from all the romance movies I watched with Lindsey for ten years, I knew that trying to erase my thoughts was hopeless.  The best I could do was warn Danny then, go to sleep.

I woke up less than an hour later.  Danny woke me as the flight ended.  We exited the plane, did the usual airport routine and called a taxi to head to our hotel called the Hotel Aurora Garden.

Just by looking at the website, I knew that it was an awesome place.  It was a place that truly embraced nature with trees and flowers surrounding everything.  Lounges, restaurants, rooms and other places within the hotel were nature-themed. We just got a simple room with two single beds. Anyway, I checked the internet in my laptop to check where the nearest Ralph Lauren shop was to find Lindsey.  I found the information I was looking for and copied the address on a piece of paper.

It was still one in the afternoon so I decided to start on my quest.

"Hey Dan!  Let's go." I waved the piece of paper I had written the address on and smiled.  "We can go to this shop and ask where Lindsey is.  Come on.  I'm feeling great.  We have an awesome lead."

He sat on one of the single beds in our hotel room.  He closed his eyes and shook his head.  He looked troubled.  He licked his lips worriedly.  I knew it wasn't good.   It was never a good sign when he licked his lips.  Something was troubling him. I couldn't put my finger at it.

Maybe it was Adrianna but I knew Danny would never do it.  He really liked Olivia and he wouldn't jeopardize what he had with her all for  someone who looked like her.

"You go ahead." He looked up and smiled weakly.  "I'm staying behind. I feel a little sick."

"Sure, buddy." I patted his back then, got out but I noticed something a little different from what he usually looked like when he was worried.  Normally, he would stroke his hair continuously but this time, his hands were in his pocket like he was hiding something.  I disregarded it and headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~>Danny Rivers's POV

I feel awfully guilty about it, okay?  First,  I lie to Olivia now, I'm lying to Chris.  You can send me to the depths of hell now.  It was too difficult to resist. I really like Olivia.  I know I'm the stereotypical playboy but this one is different.

When I look at Olivia, I feel somewhat whole.  It's like life's been uncomplete and all my life I've been looking for this other half and Olivia is that other half.

Maybe that's why Chris is so determined to find Lindsey.  No matter how small the chances were, the thought of being with that other half is just too difficult to resist.