Chapter 13: A Two-Sided Kiss

Okay, this is one of my most exciting chapters yet. I had so much fun writing this one.  I promise I'll write another chapter but maybe next week. I still have to study for midterms. Anyway, don't I get more votes for updating two days straight (puppy-dog eyes)?

~Flashback

We laid down on her bed as we continued kissing with the most romantic music and the scent of lavender accompanying us as if I made love to her back in college all over again.

~*~*~*~

~I can see it in your face, I can see it in your smile.  You’re all I I’ve ever wanted and my arms are open wide.~

When morning came, I realized that I wanted to redo the entire night.  I forgot how wonderful the feeling was whenever I laid right next to her in bed.  It was like I returned back to Narnia only this place was better.

I woke up and checked the clock.  It’s past nine already but thankfully, it was Sunday.   I smiled looking at Lindsey who was sleeping right beside me.  She was so peaceful.  Ever since I saw her again in New York, I never saw her without this slight look of anger.  I kissed her on the cheek and brushed her hair concealing part of her face.

“Rise and shine.”  I whispered to Lindsey.

She smiled and looked up giving me a small kiss.  “Good morning, handsome.”

I couldn’t help but smile. I finally got what I wanted all this time.  Lindsey wasn’t opposing to me anymore.  She’s right here, in my loving embrace.

Her eyes opened.  Her hazel brown eyes were beautiful.  Some men prefer women with blue or green eyes but they’re wrong.  Simply looking into her eyes was a wonderland.

I thought I could swim in this everlasting pool of happiness.  I thought that nothing could stop us.  I won.  No boyfriend or outside obstacles could stop me.  I won.  But I don’t think that was the case.

Nothing in this world lasts forever.  That’s what they say.  I always thoughts that love was the exception. It could go through miles without stopping as long as you love each other. 

When Lindsey’s eyes opened, they really popped open.  Her eyes widened and she looked  behind the sheets realizing that the two of us were unclothed.  She quickly took part of her sheets and stood up looking for her clothes.

“WHAT HAPPENED, CHRIS?!”  She yelled out as she finally found her clothes.

I stood up slowly looking for my own clothes.  “Why don’t we try we found love in a hopeless place?”

Lindsey was furious.  She quickly dressed in the clothes she wore last night.  “I’M SERIOUS, CHRIS.  Did we just-“

I nodded putting on my pants.

She put on this horrific face as she put on her top.  “But-But-How?!”

“Lindsey, I know you.  I know you like the back of my head.  Sometimes, I even know you more than you know yourself.”

“No you don’t!” She argued sitting down on her bed.

“Yeah, and I’m guessing you know that you get drunk with eight bottles of beer.”  I said putting on my jacket.

She had this guilty face but I didn’t mind.  “But- Last night-“

“Was wonderful.” I finished for her.

“I…” She stammered.

“Don’t deny it.  Last night was wonderful.  Did you ever enjoy yourself that much when you’re with Derek?”