2 | Waffles

T W O

~ Tight jeans, loose morals ~

a d e l i n

I come to a halt when we reach the gates of my house, grinning at Noah's bent panting form.

"You play soccer, how are you out of breath?" I ask incredulously, eyeing the sheen of sweat coating his face in disdain. He in turn glares at me.

"Forgive me for being lenient during the holidays, O mighty and healthy one." I give him a saccharine smile "Apology accepted."

Bumping his shoulder with mine, I offer "Have breakfast with me? Laura's heavenly waffles are on the menu today." wiggling my brows enthusiastically as we walk side by side to the door.

He groans "I'd love to but unfortunately i'll have to pass. Nolan crashed his car and I had to volunteer as tribute to be his personal driver. I'll see you in school though?" The information makes my ears perk up.

Noah, noticing my curiosity, quickly adds "No, not by racing." He flicks my nose when I visibly relax "Anyways, enjoy the waffles and eat a few for me as well."

"Sorry no-can-do, I can't let myself loose like you." I flip my sweaty hair at him in pretence. With one last unamused look from him, we wave each other goodbye and I watch his forest green McLaren rev out the gates.

Entering my house, I head to my room for a shower and exchange of sweaty work out clothes for school appropriate attire.

This might be one of my favourite parts of the day, putting together an outfit is a task I take my time with and enjoy making an effort on.

Today I settle for a cream coloured square neck bustier sweater that hugs the figure perfectly, it's paired with flared black leather pants and my coveted Prada heeled booties.

Some accessories and a men's black varsity jacket that is baggy on me and ties in the leather theme with its leather sleeves, go on next.

It's from the brand Off-White and probably belongs to either Tristan or Daniel but I have no plans on returning it for the foreseeable future judging by how comfy and stylish it is.

Completing the look off with a few good spritzs of Stella McCartney's classic Stella, I head downstairs. The rose and amber scent trailing along with me.

I enter the kitchen with a bright grin, the whole house smells like waffles and it's one of the few times this place actually feels like a home rather than an impersonal, too large house.

I catch Laura topping the golden waffles with a generous dollop of whipped cream and drizzled chocolate streaks.

Laura Tanaka has been by my side since the very day Aaron and I were born, from changing our diapers at the mere age of a few months to now helping me maintain this house, she's the mother figure I always yearned for.

She looks up from the stack of waffles, beaming at me, her almond eyes crinkling as she does so, singing "Good morning, sweetie." she turns off the stove "How was the run? Did you go with Noah? I thought I saw a head of white hair."

"Good morning, Laura. Yes, the rascal accompanied me today and barely managed to keep up." I take a seat on the stool, placing my head in my hands on the island.