28 | Rain

T W E N T Y   E I G H T

~You are gold, baby. Solid gold.~

a d e l i n

Caleb's light snoring gets lost beneath the claps of thunder that boom throughout the class.

Rain soon decides to accompany us through the soulless physics lecture, along with the sudden strikes of scintillating electricity from the heavens.

Halloween is only four days away, the students at Silver Knight are buzzing with excitement at the fact.

All throughout the day whoever you'd pass, whether in the halls or see in class, had the hot topic of Halloween on their lips.

Cameron's annual Halloween party is the closest thing to tradition here, Fright Night-as it's been notoriously dubbed-has a history of being extravagant and each year the hype surrounding it only increases, which always ups the ante.

It also happens to have a strict "no costume, no entry" rule, ergo majority of the students enthusiastically discuss their costumes in hushed tones, all the while Mr Meade solves an equation on the board.

Well, everyone except for my boyfriend, who continues to snore with a parted mouth, his head resting on the table with his hood covering his hair.

I still don't know how Mr Meade hasn't stumbled upon him and given him detention. Maybe having the last seats in the room is more beneficial than I thought.

He'd fallen asleep as soon as the lesson started, using the excuse that he was tired after their early practice with coach..and last night.

Seemingly, Coach Sam had expected it to rain so he had called the whole team for practice early in the morning. It was also then that he had given them their blue and silver jerseys and varsity jackets which adorned their names, numbers and all.

Coach Sam is known for his competitiveness and with the first game of the season being on Thursday, just before Halloween, that tii with our biggest rivals-West Cove High, he's really pushing the guys.

So Noah, Mase, Danny and Caleb had to wake up extra early and complain all the way to campus. They'd decided to carpool so that while one drove, the others could sleep.

That one poor soul was chosen through a tense game of rock, paper, scissors and Danny had ended up drawing the short end of thr straw.

When the rest of us reached school on our regular timing the boys did nothing but whine and pout and at that point Mase had already had two shots of espresso while Danny had a can of Red Bull in his hand.

Though all four of them were loud and proud in their team jackets-even Danny who was lucky enough to persuade Coach into giving him a spot in the team.

Mase and Caleb stood out, smug in their blue jackets, their last names etched on the back in big silver block letters with the captain's C on Mase's front left and alternate captain's A on Calebs.

One look at him and the events of last night had flooded my mind, the purely feline smirk that had taken over his face seconds later told me that he knew exactly why I had looked away, clearing my throat and my thoughts.

Or at least trying to.

So, with the big game up ahead, then Halloween followed by The Winter Ball on Sunday everyone was ecstatic to say the least.