25 | Purple

T W E N T Y F I V E

~It's that heart of gold and stardust soul, that make you beautiful.~

a d e l i n

I wake up to soft sheets and the rhythmic beating of a heart.

Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, my eyes remain shut as I soak in the warmth of my covers before letting my eyes see the sun's rays.

Slowly and reluctantly, my eyes flutter open. I blink, soft streaks of sunlight penetrate the window falling in abstract patterns on the floor.

Looking up, a smile instantly slips onto my face at the sight of my boyfriend's slightly parted mouth, his attractively messy bedhead and his arms tightly secured around my waist.

Last night after we'd finished eating dinner, which was divine, Caleb and I had somehow ended up in my room in a very heated make out session.

Laying beside each other with our legs and arms tangled, we'd fallen asleep blissfully. Oh and I can now finally attest-Caleb is a huge cuddler, much to my joy.

I play with his silky almost black hair, that wide smile still etched on my face when Caleb stirs a little, furrowing his brows before those brown eyes, framed by enviously long lashes, open.

With a smile tugging at his own lips, he takes my free hand, placing a kisses on my knuckles to then burrow his head in the crock of my neck, a spot-I've learned in a short time-that he adores.

"Bonjour (good morning), Starlight." He mumbles, his breath caressing the delicate skin and earning a string of laughter from me as I push him away.

He blinks. Confusion on his sleep lined face due to the sudden jolt which only makes me laugh again but he catches on and the sleep in his eyes morphs to mischief. Slowly, he moves closer to me.

Like a predator coaxing it's prey.

But I am no prey.

"I know that look Carter, don't even t-" just like yesterday he dosen't let me finish and pounces on me but I roll away. The smirk on his face rivals mine. Pure arrogance shines through both.

I examine my nails, laying at my side, aware of all the skin the silk set puts at display "Now now, did you really think exploiting my weaknesses would be that easy, beau (handsome)?" I fight a smile when I hear his chuckle "And what is your infatuation with not letting me complete my sen-"

He catches me off guard. Grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him-below him. Caleb's face hovers over mine, I try and fail to push him off me.

"I don't like my food playing with me, cerise (cherry)." I roll my eyes, trying my best to completely disregard the purr in his voice, replying with "Well that's no fun."

Caleb's hands trail over my body, tickling me and making me shriek when they hit sensitive spots.

He laughs along with me, the only diffrence is that his is from pure amusement "I never said that I didn't enjoy playing with my food."

Water makes my vision blurry, I slap his arm "Caleb stop!" I manage to spill between howls of laughter. He finally stops, leaning down until our foreheads touch.

"That was unnecessary." I swat his chest lightly, looking into the depths of his chocolatey eyes, the golden streaks mesmerising me as always.

"Now that's how you start your days." He says and I huff "I doubt this is how sane people start their days." He smiles toothily at me causing a chuckle out of me as my hands move into his hair and intertwine in the brown-black mess.