13 | The Herd

T H I R T E E N

~We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry~

a d e l i n

I make it a point to trudge, rubbing my eyes continuously to somehow knead the sleep out of them.

Friday had finally arrived with the promise of two blissfully lazy days ahead but like all good things, it came tinged with a bad.

In this instance, the bad being the said family dinner later tonight.

I really needed to get drunk soon. Lucky for me, tomorrow would serve as the perfect opportunity to do just that at Katy's party.

Finishing an apple and downing my meds with gulps of water, I pick up my bag.

Since it's started getting even colder and there's no signs of the sun coming out anytime soon, today's outfit consists of a cream suit slash coat dress over a black button up blouse with a matching thin cream cloured scarf knotted around the neck.

The real dilema though comes in the form of a choice between two shoes : Balmain leather knee high boots or classic Doc Matens.

The comfier and more school appropriate option is definitely the latter though Silver Knights is not known for its modestly dressed students (quite the opposite in fact) and the knee highs look absolutely perfect with the ensemble.

Beauty is pain, ladies and gents.

Finally done with the tedious task of tugging them on, I take out my phone which I fear is about to explode judging by the consistent notifications and scroll through them.

The Herd

Mase : Morning. What's the plan for today?

Ash : We're  heading to the Mall today. No ifs, ands or buts.

Tris : I'm down. I really need new Vinyls.

Candi : I never say no to shopping.

Noah : I'm in, someone has to babysit all of you.

TrisAnd that someone is not you.

Caleb : Perfect. I need clothes for the music fest.

Me : The Mall it is then.

Noah : You're practically begging for a beating Tristan.

Ash : Tris that might be the smartest thing you've ever said in your entire life

Mase : It's too early for this

Tris : I'd like to see you try Yaretzi <3

Shaking my head, I pocket my phone, starting my car and heading to school with my mood already improved.

*^*^*^*^

Ash keeps on tapping her heeled foot on the floor, the rest of us do a semi decent job of ignoring constant sound of Versace meeting tile, standing in a swarm of students waiting for His majesty-our Headmaster-to show up and start the morning assembly he had unexpectedly called.

"Seriously though, where is he? It's not like we were the ones who called the spontaneous assembly." Tris says in agitation as I lean my head on Noah's shoulder, tired of waiting.