14 | Do I Sense Jealously

F O U R T E E N

~because when you stop & look around, this life is pretty amazing.~

a d e l i n

The journey to the mall was spent in Caleb and I arguing about which ice cream flavour is the best (chocolate chip cookie dough, duh) and for the entirety of those fifteen minutes, I could not seem to wipe of that maniac grin off my face.

Now that we enter the massive plaza I've subdued said wide grin into a smile.

Just a group of four guys and three girls making their way into the Mall for a few hours of shopping and relaxation.

Standing near the three floored waterfall that serves as the centrepiece to the grand space, we sort out our plan of action or atleast try to.

Candi is engrossed in Mase's phone as he shows her a video but instead of looking at his phone his sole attention is on his girlfriend. Ash has her phone propped in her hand, recording the couple with a grin of her own. 

She had this thing where she secretly took these cute candid pictures of us and made a colage of them, got them framed and gave it to us on our birthdays or special occasions.

And I absolutely adored this trait of hers.

Noah and Tris on the other hand are in the middle of an animated discussion about card games, both of them being avid collectors, with my cousin biting his chain-a habit refused to drop.

I turn to Caleb, finding him eyeing our surroundings, taking everything in.

"So here are your options, Caleb." The words garner his attention to me "You can either third wheel with the love birds who are skipping shopping to save seats at the food court." I point at said couple.

"Or you can tag along with the Atomic Blondes who are headed to the music store or you can come with yours truly for a little bit of shopping. The choice is all yours" I tell him, ignoring the part of me that wanted him to tag along with myself.

Of course you'd want his company.

Whoa there, whose sassy toned voice do I have in my head. What the heck is this.

Your conscience, genius.

Yep, there it is, right in the middle of the '10 signs you're going insane' list : hearing voices in your head. Besides, I don't particularly care who he chooses, I just don't want to shop alone.

Mmhm

Silence would be much appreciated.

"I heard that!" Noah's sentence makes me come back to reality, I make a show of reveling in the half hearted glare at me "Good, I made no attempt to hide anything."

Returning my focus on the brown eyed boy, I find him mocking a thoughtful stance by rubbing his chin in contemplation. 

I can't seem to help but roll my eyes.

Idiotically dramatic and cute.

You clearly don't like the boy.

Dangerous territory.

"I have mad emy decision however I would like to make a public service announcement first. I love all of you dearly, please do not be disheartened if I don't choose you." He prolongs his act before announcing "Starlight, I'll be gracing you with the honour of my company." He winks.

I narrow my eyes at him.

Inwardly, I grin. 

"Boo!" Tris makes a show of protesting, cupping his mouth and giving Caleb aggressive thumbs downs.