22 | Son Of A Biscuit Cracker

T W E N T Y   T W O

~She dreams more often than she sleeps~

a d e l i n

Tris and Noah had covered every inch of my house during their running fiasco, the chase had ended with Noah sitting atop Tris and delivering continuous punches to his back.

The girls and I had beckoned the remaining three boys, who seemed to be enjoying the sight a little too much, to tear them a part.

They had seemed reluctant at first but a few glares and warnings had gotten them moving.

Everything had since then simmered down, all of us moving to the kitchen for a hearty breakfast made by Jasmine, whose second home is the kitchen.

She's immensely talented at the art of cooking and baking and one of those people who live by the saying that the kitchen is the heart of the house, which is also probably why hers is bigger than most New York City studios.

Cooking is to Jas what fashion is to Ash and acting to Candi, it lights a different kind of joy in them, something so pure that it can be felt by just watching them in that moment.

My mouth salivates at the array of heavenly looking and smelling dishes infront of me.

Our menu consists of ricotta pancakes with honeycomb butter, cinnamon apple porridge, bacon and cheddar quiche with a hash brown crust and lastly cardamom cross buns.

A rare moment of peace surrounds us as Candice practically feeds the cheesy quiche to Mase whose gaze remains transfixed to his phone, both the couple's prefered drinks beside them : Cola for Candi and coffee specifically imported from Munich for Mase.

Jas herself indulges in the porridge, looking stunning in the floral mini dress and frequently exchanging amused glances with Ash at the harsh glares Noah keeps throwing Tris.

I myself find it hard to keep my mirth suppressed as I ice Tris's bruised back while he bites into his caramel smothered pancakes.

Though I couldn't stop my mind from wandering to the grey and brown eyed boys currently out in the backyard having their private "bro talk" as Danny had put it before leaving.

What's taking them so long?

"I'm so happy that you're back, Jas." Ash moans, stuffing a piece of the cross bun in her mouth "I throughly missed your gifted ass."

My cousin clears his throat, his eyes glued to the blonde licking syrup off her lips, before going back to his own plate.

"And here I was thinking you'd missed me for more than just my cooking." Jas tsks, a delicate hand over her heart feigning hurt.

Ash wags a manicured finger at the brunette "Now now, it wasn't just the cooking I missed, it was also the impeccable taste in perfumes..which reminds me, is that Flowerbomb?"

As one conversation goes on, another begins.

"There's this voice in my head that keeps telling me to eat more, I find myself agreeing with that voice." Tris adds two more cross buns on his plate with a wide grin.

"I hate to break it to you, but that voice is diabetes." Noah mutters, eyeing Tris in disgust as he continues to devour the cinnamon smeared pieces of bread.

"It's the simple things in life that matter." He replies, mouth filled causing a scoff to leave Noah's mouth at Tris's hardly understandable sentence.

Jas chuckles at the exchange, shaking her head but her expression soon morphs from happiness to sorrow as she looks down at her plate.

Her mind seeming to drift off in deep thought and then, right at that moment, when I see her eyes shine with unshed tears do I know with certainty that she must be thinking about Aaron.