12 | Starlight

T W E L V E

~Life is too deep for words, so don't try to describe it, just live it~

a d e l i n

I turn around, coming face to face with Katy.

A smug expression on her face as she stands tall in a pair of Alexander McQueens, right next none other than Cameron Woods.

My ex.

Cameron just so happens to be the male version of Katy and will not think twice before agreeing to fuck everything that walks on two legs and has a vagina.

And while I refuse to criticise anyone on their sleeping habits, I am allowed to do whatever I want with his because of what he did to me.

"Unfortunately, it did. Are you going to beg daddy to file another lawsuit?" Ash asks, examining her long lavender painted nails "Freedom of speech is a fundamental right honey." she finally meets her stare.

Katy's glossy lips stretch into a venom tipped smile "Well, at least one of has a father who's concerned about their daughter Ashley. By the way, how is your mother? You know, with Mr Lysander travelling so much for work."

Noah growls at her, actually growls. He pushes up from his seat but Ash's hand comes to rest on his, stopping him from nearly biting Katy's head off. 

She gives them one last triumphant look before turning to us, to Caleb, in particular "Anyway, I'm not wasting my breath on you, I came here to talk to Caley."

I scoff at the ridiculous name.

Wrong move because that makes her glare point at me "Adelin, how nice to see you back. After everything that happened I'm surprised you c-" Tris dosen't let her complete that sentence.

"Enough." He snaps "Don't you have anything better to do? If I wanted to have my morning ruined I would've attended Calc."

She huffs at Tris' monotonous tone and bored gaze, her feathers clearly ruffled.

"I just came here to invite Caley to my party on Saturday which of course he'll be attending because it's my party. Make sure you find me, privately." and with a wink she turns on her heels and struts out.

Disgust is evident on my face and I grow angrier by the minute as images of her and Caleb together conjure up in my head.

Surely he won't stoop to her level.

It's not until Cameron speaks that I notice he's still standing infront of me.

"Hey Gem. You look stunning, it's really nice to see you again." he mumbles hesitantly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I inhale a sharp breath, hearing the name he always used to call me by, memories of our time together starting to flood my mind.

Each of them sting, from all the times he'd written me dirty limericks to the countless times sneaking out of school and bunking lessons.

Maybe that's why walking in on him hastily undressing on top of a naked Katy hurt as much as it did because he was always attentive to me, always bought me gifts.

I loved him and he had thrown that 'love' in my face by cheating throughout the entirety of our relationship.

"Great, Tweedledee left Tweedledum behind for us." Candi mutters, giving Cameron the stink eye any girl would to their best friend's cheating ex.

"And what do you want?" Mase asks, using the exact words I would've spoken, staring at him with clear warning in his hazel eyes.

After I had seen Katy and Cameron together, I'd gone straight home with fat tears running down my cheeks. It was then that my friends had surprised me.