6 | Nicknames, Eh?

S I X

~I want you today, tomorrow, next week and the rest of my life.~

c a l e b

Turns out, the more you try not to think about a certain topic, the more space it occupies in your mind.

Now I want to be able to say that I've been going on with my day, focusing on adjusting and finding my place at Silver Knights but the constant and involuntary curiosity I have about Adelin Alderidge hindered all and any progress.

At first I thought Noah and Adelin were dating which got me feeling all odd for some reason and when Noah revealed how they were cousins every muscle in my body had loosened its tension.

I have no idea why I'm acting like this.

I mean it's only been one fucking day and i'm already being this weird when in reality I've never experienced anything like this for a girl, much less for one whom I hardly know anything about.

She's nothing short of an enigma and the constant whispers that seem to follow me through the form of gossiping students only adds to that affect.

Throughout the day the brunette had occupied my thoughts and I felt like punching myself for the borderline weird behaviour I was partaking in.
Though the two free periods I'd given up for detention after lunch had also, unfortunately, gone by in a similar manner.

It was starting to get on my nerves.

Now siting in a near silent classroom with other barely attentive teenagers, I force myself to stay awake and focus my attention solely on Gauss's Theorem.

Though almost every student sitting in the last row, right behind me, is either ready to drift off into a deep slumber or is already snoring and to top it all off the physics professor is the same grumpy ass who teaches us maths.

The old man kept giving me death glares when I spaced out or looked at the clock impatiently and I could practically visualise smoke steaming out of his ears when he caught me doodling for the third time.

I fear that the three remaining grey strands of hair on his head would fall right off if he caught me again and yet, here we are.

Yep, he definitely had caught me playing colour switch on my phone.

Professor Grumpy opens his mouth, either about to give me another detention or a lecture explaining the ethics and proper decorum of sitting in class. Alas, a satisfying loud shrill is heard and I am rescued by the bell.

I was pleasantly surprised to find Tris in Physics and now both of us start packing quickly, ready to run faster than Usain Bolt out to sweet sweet freedom.

We scurry out of the room and down the hallway. A few girls blatantly shooting us flirtatious glances but we ignore them, well at least I do. 

"You seem to have the gift to royally pissing off Meade, he probably has you in his black book and this is just the first day." Tris laughs, running a hand through his blond hair "You make me look like a saint."

"A mere gust of wind can piss the dude off, I was just trying to pass my time." I reply with a shrug making Tris shake his head with a chuckle.