32 | The Auction

T H I R T Y   T W O

~Screw it, let's do it.~

a d e l i n

"Oh my God!" Ash shrieks, making me jump at the sudden outburst "Get your asses down here. Right now!"

I share a look with Candi, both of us startled with her hand placed on her heart. With confusion on our faces, the three of us get up from our occupied seats to leave my room.

The girls and I had gathered in my room to tackle the task of deciding what to wear to tonight's auction. Our favourite designer-and close friend-Cece, was a front runner in the event.

More than eighty percent of the funds raised from the purchases would be going to various charities.

While I don't particularly love the dry events my parents drag me to, events like this-one's that aren't only for the frivolous enjoyment of the filthy rich-make me ecstatic.

That, and dressing up in full glam never hurt anybody.

I had returned from the hospital earlier in the morning and thankfully, everything had seemed to be slowly returning back to normal. The threats had also stopped, much to both our confusion and relief.

While we figured out our clothing at home, the boys had gone out for tux shopping and to say that we were excited to see our boyfriends in suits would be putting it lightly.

I practically skip down the stairs-ignoring the light twinge that emerges in my back at the action.

We find Ash sitting on the floor, azure eyes huge with excitement and trained on enormous white boxes that rest infront of her.

I grin, spotting two cursive C's on each of them. Immediately recognising the acronym, the three of us join Ash on the rug.

"What did Cece send us?" Jas questions, elation lining her voice, gaze running over the four massive matte cubes. Each of the boxes are sealed with black bows, tied along the ebony ribbons are cards labelled with our initials.

"See for yourself." Ash gently pushes a box towards us, one by one.

I look over to her eagerly, her actions look animated-her fashion loving self thrilled and making me want to join in.

Picking up the card gracing the letters A.R.A on it in beautiful cursive hand writing, I turn it, reading the elegantly written words.

My dearest Adelin Rose,
Have I ever told you that I knew I wanted to be a fashion designer after watching Fairy Godmother change Cinderella's life with a mere gown?

I wanted to do that, wanted to be her-a younger, hotter, latex clad version that is

making these dresses for you girls reminded me of that, why I'd started doing this in the first place
I hope all of you enjoy your custom, one-of-a kind pieces.

Made specifically to match each of your spirits.
I call yours, wild

Cannot wait to see you tonight.
Kisses,
Your favourite designer and Fairy Godsister,
Cece.

"She did not.." Candi trails off, expression one of bewilderment. I put the card close to my heart.

"Yes she did!" Ash gushes, pulling the ribbon. Keenly looking up at us, she urges us to do the same. I chuckle, tugging the ribbion causing it to turn into the thick black band.