Chapter 3 | A Romantic I'm Not

[Calum Achorn]

"Timothy, make sure my tickets are ready for tomorrow's flight."

"The tickets are ready, Sir. You can leave for New York tomorrow morning."

"Very well."

~•~

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

"You leave for New York tomorrow morning, Am."

"Great! Thank you again, Cae."

"Can you not take some of my clothes as a thank you gesture?"

"That's generous of you, Caecelia. But I'd rather die of humiliation in a white shirt."

"Fine." She huffs in defeat. "Wear those sexy red shoes on your first day, that's the only thing that'll catch their attention."

I had to agree with her. Those red shoes were almost too beautiful for someone like me.

"Will do. I'm going to pack. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, see you at my party."

"What party?"

"A party I told you about. The party I'm throwing for you." She says in a dangerous tone.

"For whatever reason?" I ask, incredulous.

I hear her sigh on the other side of the phone.

"A going away present."

"You're happy that I'm going away? So happy that you're throwing a party?" I face away from the phone and give a small snicker. I hear her take a sharp breath on the other side.

"You're an idiot if you think that." She almost growls.

"I know. I'm kidding. Calm down." I say hurriedly, shaking with laughter.

"Fine. Be there at seven. And please don't wear those hideous pajamas like the last time."

I remember that incident all too clearly. I made an appearance at her posh party in my Hello Kitty pajamas and a 'Hungry? Grab a sneakers' T-shirt. I still remember the shocked faces of her formally dressed guests as I grabbed a beer and chugged it down like a cowboy and shouted 'Long live the Queen!" and walked away.

"Yeah. Won't repeat that. My favourite T-shirt had a huge stain on it afterwards." I remember with a shiver.

"You're weird, Ambrosia. I wonder what's going to happen to the man who marries you."

"I have Mr Cadwallader."

"The dog?"

"He's my stress reliever, he listens to me."

"I don't think he has a choice." She snickers.

"Bye, Cae." I hang up to her laughing her ass off.

~•~

[Calum Achorn]

"You mean to say, that you appointed a girl as my personal secretary."