Chapter 49 | Just So You Know

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

Since my plans for the evening were trashed, I decided to run an errand of my own. I decided to keep the promise I'd made to myself.

Getting into my car in the evening, I took the same route Calum and I had taken on the day of our first date. Emilio's.

Emilio was...excited to see me. I guess.

"Ambrosia! My darling, darling girl! I've missed you a lot! Where have you been?!" He jumps at the sight of me and engulfs me in his ginormous arms.

The smell of chocolate and everything wonderful clung to him and I smile against his chest.

"Nice to see you too, Emilio." I laugh.

"Where's Calum? Is he coming?" He asks, pulling me to arm's length.

"No, he's not. I'm on a mission of my own." I say, narrowing my eyes and giving him a determined look.

"What? The mission impossible kind?" He asks, grinning malevolently.

"Yeah. Bring your laser protective glasses and bullet proof jackets, Emilio." I say. We burst out laughing.

"What is it that you want, signora?" He asks.

"I need the biggest wedding cake you can make. Lots of sparkles," I say, grinning like a child.

~•~

I came back home, satisfied with myself. Emilio had promised to make the most stunning cake for the wedding and I had utter and complete faith on the man. How could I not? That man was gifted.

Calum had sent me a text saying he'll be at my house in half an hour. But I was in no rush. Dressing casually was one of my superpowers, I did it every morning.

Freida was sitting rather stiffly on the couch as I walked into the house. She gave me a terse nod as I smiled at her in greeting.

"What?" I asked.

"What what?" She asks, laughing hysterically.

"You're acting weird," I say.

"Must be the flu," She says, sneezing. A new born could have told she was faking. I shake my head and roll my eyes at her.

"Where's Mr Cadwallader?" I ask.

"He's...gone for a walk." She says.

"With who?"

"He said he needed some time alone." She says.

I raise my eyebrows.

"Okay, what's going on?"

"Nothing," She says, shrugging.

"I'll find out." I say.

"Yeah, you will." She says, smiling widely. I give her another suspicious look and walk up the stairs to my room.

I put on a plain black T-shirt and some camo pants in under five minutes. I stare at the make up box Freida had lent me for last night in confusion. Five minutes later, I decide it's not worth it.

Exactly half an hour later, Calum arrives in his Porsche. I run out of the front door, waving at a giddy looking Freida.

Calum leans against the hood of his shiny black ride and gives me a breathtaking smile when he catches sight of me. He's wearing a white shirt and blue denims. Casual, but killing it.