Chapter 8 | Wherefore Art Thou, Romeo?

[One Hour Later, Calum Achorn]

"Shut up, woman. Please." I groan for the two thousand and fourteenth time.

"I feel the sudden urge to sing Hotel California at the top of my lungs." She slurs.

I look around me in helplessness. The elderly couple were snoring softly, their heads over each other, oblivious to the delirious woman. The asian couple, not so much. They were looking at her with concerned expressions and the small child was grinning from ear to ear. The air hostess glanced at the mad woman from behind the curtains once, and narrowed her eyes at me. I sigh in exasperation.

"Don't." I try in vain.

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair!" She begins to holler.

Every pair of eyes turn around and focus on her. Me. Us.

"Great." I mumble under my breath.

The air hostess starts walking towards us with an unpleasant frown, and I try to calm the mad, drunken woman down. She doesn't mind her audience though and continues with the rest of her song.

"And I was thinking to myself, this could be heaven or this could be hell!"

"Hell. Definitely Hell." I mumble, watching the air hostess jog a little faster to reach our seat.

"Is there a problem with the lady here, Sir?" She demands, glaring at me and throwing cautious glances at the mad woman.

"I believe she drank half a bottle of Sunset Rum." I admit, looking back and forth between the two of them.

"Is she an acquaintance?"

"No. I've never met her before," I reply hurriedly.

"But you are responsible for her state."

"I am not responsible for her state." I argue.

"He is." The little asian girl pipes up.

"Joanna." Her mother chides her.

"No, mommy. I saw him give her the drink." She insists.

I glare at her. She grins.

I plead with my eyes. She grins wider.

I sigh in defeat.

"Sir, please take the woman to the toilet and sober her up." The air hostess instructs sternly.

"Why should I?"

"The passengers are complaining about the noise, sir."

"But why should I?"

"You should listen to the woman and help your girlfriend, son." The elderly woman advices. Her husband nods, encouraging.

"She's not my..." I begin to protest.

"Just take her back there." The asian man chimes in.

"Wash her face, give her a kiss or two. That sobers my man up." The asian woman grins.

I try to hold on to my self control.

You can't kill them. Imagine how disappointed your father will be. Hold yourself together.

I chant the words over and over.

"So I called up the Captain, "Please bring me my wine"" The mad woman cries out.

"Sir, you must..." The air hostess begins, but I stand up which shuts her up.

"Fine." I growl-whisper.

Grabbing the mad woman by her arm, I drag-pull her to the plane's lavatory, ignoring her moans of displeasure and feeble attempts for freedom..from oppression? I open the door and push her inside.

"Sober up." I order and try to close the door on her face.

"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" She says in a sing song voice, standing with her foot out, stopping the door from closing.

I sigh in frustration.

"Shut up. Wash your face or something." I try to glower at her, but she was far too gone to notice it.

"Why art thou so rude to me, Romeo?" She sighs.

She continues when I don't say anything. "Everyone has either been rude to me, or ignored me all my life. Why?" She says, her lower lip trembling.

"You aren't in your senses, woman." I reply curtly, but the edge to my voice is gone.

"I am. I'm perfectly in my senses, come in. Come in and sit." She says, ushering, or dragging me into the lavatory. She makes me sit on the toilet, with the lid on, of course and makes herself comfortable on the sink.

I glare her, but her lip trembles in vulnerability again and I sit back down.

"I'll make this my kingdom. I'll call it "The Shack'. No one will ever be treated badly in here." She announces, grinning like a little girl on Christmas morning.

I groan and wipe the sheen of sweat off of my face with frustration.

"I will tell you my story, puny mortal, even though you aren't worthy of listening."

"Then don't tell me." I plead.

"..but I will, because everyone needs a moment to define their lives, and this will be yours!" She bellows.

I sigh.

"I wasn't particularly a smart kid. Well, I was a smart kid, but not in Biology, and Physics and the technical stuff.." The mad woman begins her tale.

I sigh and lean back on the toilet, not even having the energy to feel disgusted.

It was going to be a long talk.

~•~

Hey there!

So yes, I couldn't update in a while because school is sucking the life force out of me, quite literally.

And I've been pretty low. What's worse is that, anyone who's seen me sulking or just sad, gives me the same goddamn advice,"Well, you should be happy, there are lots of people worse off than you!"

Like whaa?

You can't tell me to suck it up, just because someone else is in a worse situation than me! That's like saying a bullet wound patient to shut up just because the patient next to him has cancer!

You can't do that, colonel, you just can't.

I'm sorry that was quite rant-ish of me, so I'll shut up.

Enjoy the chapter and vote!