Chapter 31 | The Cobra Strikes Back

Chapter dedicated to -seoulyspirit for the wonderful cover above! Thank you, sister. <3

~

"You're happy." Freida comments when I walk into the house. She's sprawled on the couch with a packet of doritos, and if I looked closely enough, I could see a pack of skittles squashed under her. It was her 'cheat all you can' day.

I throw off my sandals and plop on the couch, watching the fitness documentary she had on the TV with a smile on my face.

"Something's not right." Freida comments again, but I ignore her. I was too happy.

"Uh-oh. I sense trouble." She says in horror.

I don't say anything.

"I ordered pizza."

Silence.

"And I ate it all."

A little hitch in breathing.

"Really? Wow, since you're being so nice, I want to tell you that I was the one who stole all your hershey bars last week. It wasn't the cat."

Okay, Ambrosia. Let's not ruin the mood today. You can make her pay any other day.

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I was the one who spilled milk on your favourite hoodie. It wasn't the cat."

Hold it in, don't get angry!

"And since we're being honest today, I was the one who ate all your fruit loops this morning. It wasn't..."

"The cat, I get it!" I snap, smiling very, very sweetly at her.

"You aren't angry?" She gulps nervously.

"No, sister. I couldn't hate you even if I wanted to." I gush, the huge smile still on my face. She gives me a suspicious look but after a minute, smiles in relief.

The prey has been led into believing that it's safe, which makes it easier for the cobra to strike more fiercely.

First step of 'what goes around, comes back around' complete.

~•~

Freida's screams wake me up the next morning. I sit up, groggy, but when it dawns upon me the reason why she's screaming, a huge grin lights up on my face. With one push, I'm out of my bed. I jump two stairs at a time and stand in front of her room, my arms crossed as I watch the play unfold.

Freida is looking around her bed in utter horror and shock.

"W-what is this?" She asks, not even looking me in the eye.

"You were the one always rambling about the rejuvenating and refreshing properties of water, Frey." I shrug nonchalantly.

That's right, I'd caked her entire floor with over five hundred glasses of water. Don't ask me how long it took me and how early I'd to wake up to do it.

Revenge is tiring.

But completely worth it.

"How am I going to get out of here?" Freida shrieks, pulling at her bed hair in despair.

"Drink your way out, Freida."

"You!" She points a crooked finger in my direction. "You're going to pay!"

"I didn't do it, Freida." I slur, batting my eyes innocently. "It was the cat."

I turn my back to her feline screams of desperation.