Chapter 20 | Stuffed Crust Pizza

[Ambrosia Bellemore]

I can call him.

I can do this.

My mother raised me to be a seductress to trap in advantageous men, I can surely make a call.

"Why are you doing?" Freida shrieks when she enters the kitchen.

Me? I swallow the spoonful of Nutella I'd just jammed into my mouth. Loudly.

"Caveman." Freida mutters. I stick a chocolaty tongue out at her.

"What is the reason for all of this?" She asks, gesturing to the packets of nachos, cheetos, a tub of mint chocochip ice cream and the Nutella jar I was currently devouring.

"Are you implying I eat too much?" I ask her menacingly. She shoots me a glare.

"You do eat too much, Ambrosia," She says and I shrug, going back to my Nutella. "But that's not the point. You aren't usually up this time of the hour."

"Are you implying I'm lazy?"

"Lazy is putting it mildly, Ambrosia. You're a potato." She says and I shrug again, scooping another spoon of Nutella.

She stares at me for another minute before I finally sigh and look up.

"I eat when I'm nervous, okay?" I say with exasperation.

"I see," She muses for a second. "Why are you nervous?"

"Stuff." I retort, rolling my eyes.

"Guy stuff?" I stare at her in surprise and she shrugs, pointing at the food.

"Well, yeah." I admit with a heavy sigh.

"Tell me." She pleads, with pouted lips and the huge shiny eyes. I sigh again.

"Fine." And so I tell her.

"Woah. Talk about true love." She whispers when I'm done.

"Woahwoahwoah. Wait. I never said anything about love."

"Yeah well, you didn't have to. I could totally see it. You love the plane guy."

"Oh come on, I can't love my former bully!" I protest. I can't be the cliché girl who says,"I mean yeah, he bullied me. But he's a big softie from the inside, I'll be the girl who changes the bad boy."

I can't. I'm not doing that, right?

My conscious unicorn: you are, you wussbag.

Freida nods her head in deep thought.

"Tell me something," She begins, placing a hand on my thigh. "Did he seem like he was your bully when you were with him?" She asks.

"What do you mean?"

"The man you were on the plane with, did he seem like the bully you used to know?"

I shake my head vigorously. He seemed like he was another man altogether.

"Ambrosia, I don't think he was who he said he was." She concludes.

"What do you mean?" I ask again, shaking my head in confusion.

"I mean, maybe your plane guy wasn't your former bully. Maybe he's someone else." She says and walks out of the kitchen, leaving me with my thoughts. And the food.

Did she mean that he was lying to me?

That Benjamin Earlswood wasn't Benjamin Earlswood?