THREE

The generator was smaller than expected. Pox walked to the podium and took the generator in his hands. He held it for a while and weighed it. The generator was as big as a blender. It was an upright purple rectangular prism with white outlines on the edges and every vertex. At the top, it had a silver cap about 5 inches in diameter. "That's it?" asked Crypto.

Simeon looked a little nervous and replied, "Yea. I-it's supposed to be amplified with the amplifier in order to make a bigger shield than intended." Pox studied it carefully and uncapped it. A huge green stem shot out like a light saber and then expanded into a shield that passed through the warehouse walls and surrounded the entire place.

"Whoa, that's huge," said Pox. Crypto stepped forward, "Imagine if it's amplified." Pox capped the container but flinched when the shield quickly sucked itself back in.

"Nice." Simeon smiled widely. "I knew you'd like it." 

"Now. Where do we get an amplifier?" asked Pox.

Crypto scanned the warehouse while turning a full 360 degrees. "You guys don't have one, do you?"

"No we don't, sorry," Simeon replied. "Well that's fine, thanks anyways," Pox said as he tripped over his robes and headed towards the exit, tucking the generator in his robes. The employees waved. "Bye, thanks for coming!"

Crypto woke up the next morning lying on his suitcase. He didn't live on Furon, he only visited from time to time, leaving his real home back on earth and guarded by his expensive exotic birds.(Most of them stolen from zoos.) He got up and picked up a silver remote, like the one to his saucer, only bigger. At the push of a button, the wall-sized window tiles flipped over in a wave and revealed a great view of the city.

Crypto mostly slept in his saucer but he took advantage of the great accommodations in the emperor's palace. The doors to his room swung open and Pox walked in scratching his butt. "Good morning, sleep well?"

"Kind of. Woke up on a lumpy suitcase, but it was better than nothing."

"Well hurry up and get a move on. We're visiting the Fourth Ring again."

"Aw god, I hate that place. It makes no sense how there's gravity."

"I already told you, the fields generate gravity. It's basic rocket science, DUH!"

The saucer flew out of the city, leaving everything behind until it was covered by the clouds. "This is going to be soooo boring," Crypto said.

"All we're going to do is set up the shields and then we can leave, okay? ...Crypto.... hey!" Crypto jumped out of his seat and the saucer lurched forward, almost flying into a cloud.

"Ugh, sorry Pox. I need a new mattress." As the saucer slowly began to leave the atmosphere the stars and sun were more visible. Every second they moved forward the stars gleamed brighter and the lights of the Fourth Ring shone even brighter.

The Fourth Ring was a city outside of the Furon planet. It was pretty much a space station that was turned into a city for the rich Furons. Condos lined the east side of the city and a giant earth biome stood in the corner of the ring. It was named the "Fourth Ring" because of the giant black ring that circled the city. The ring generated a gravitational field that held everyone on the "ground." Asteroids floated around however, because the field wasn't strong enough for 10 tons of rock. Buildings and houses stayed afloat and grounded on top of the largest asteroids.

The emperor's summer palace is located in the city, where Crypto and Pox killed Meningitis. The saucer slowly descended onto the platform in front of the palace. Crypto and Pox came out of the cockpit and landed onto the steel with a thud. Of course there was a hollow sound because underneath the city was nothing but floating asteroid and cave systems within them. A family was nearby touring and taking pictures. They saw Pox and ran over and bowed asking for a picture and some autographs. "Eh, well..." he looked at Crypto who was giving him the annoyed glance, "sure!" Crypto knew he did that just to piss him off.