SEVENTEEN

The saucer rose off into the red and black Zemptran skies. The smoke and ash of the capitol building blanketed the city and left a gloomy presence.

Crypto drove the saucer away from the city of Yvetrate and exited the planet of Zemptra. "...What now?"

"We find Magnus. Get the hand back along with Gladys and Phil."

"We can't just barge in Poxy, they'll destroy us. He's setting up bait."

"You're right..." Pox stared into the endless space and thought for a moment. "So, that thing about Natalya...."

Crypto almost flew right into an asteroid. "-Let me tell you something Pox!" Crypto dug his finger into Pox's chest. "You don't bring up Natalya. Ever!"

"Alright." Pox raised his hands.

Pox didn't see what the problem was. He had every right to talk about Natalya, especially since he and Crypto were like family. So what Crypto cheated? If he still loves her, he should be willing to talk about it. There must be something he's hiding, Pox thought. But what?

"...If Magnus is setting up a trap, we're going to have to be prepared," said Pox.

"How so?"

"Give me your weapons."

Crypto reluctantly handed over his weapons cube. "Don't shake it too much. Tigra is in there."

"I'll adjust your weapons a bit and upgrade them." Pox held out his hand.

Crypto glared at him. "What?"

"Your laser sword."

Crypto sighed and tossed him the hilt as well.

"Alright, I'll just-"

"Is this going to cost DNA?"

"N-no." Pox turned around and rolled his eyes. He hovered over to the four passengers seats and slid open the armrest to the seat on the right. It revealed a pad of numbers. Pox punched in a code and watched the chairs recede into the wall as a metal workbench filled with screws and tools rose from the floor. "Hello my sexies..." he mumbled to himself.

"You better not get oil stains on the glass again," Crypto warned.

"Those weren't oil stains."

"-Whatever."

Pox began flailing his arms wildly and putting pieces together like a super computer.

Crypto steered the saucer further into the Zemptress District, but only found more asteroids floating to nowhere.

"There's nothing here..." Crypto switched on hyper jump mode. The saucer folded out two spiked wings on both sides, each equipped with rockets. "Where the hell are you, Magnus?"

Hyper jump allowed the saucer to fly at the speed of sound, but drained almost all the fuel. Crypto didn't care however; he just wanted to find Magnus and rescue the two Kalkamans.

"Pox!"

"What?"

"Hang on to something!"

"Crypto, I swear, if you're trying to pop another 'wheelie-' "

The space around the saucer turned into a blur. Crypto couldn't see anything around him at all. Blue rings circled the area and covered the view of the saucer. Pox flew out of his chair and smashed into Crypto, who forgot to put on his seat belt, and together, they slammed into the glass trying to grab onto anything they could.

Crypto's laser sword shot out of Pox's hand and sliced straight through the saucer's glass. "OH MY GOOOD!" he yelled.

They flew faster each second until a loud sonic boom cracked the saucer's shields and everything went quiet.