TWENTY

"Pox, don't ever say that again."

Crypto stepped inside the cell block and ran over to Phil and Gladys. "Alright stand back and be quiet," he ordered.

"Be quiet?! You just blasted a hole in the wall!" Gladys yelled.

"Shh! They haven't sounded the alarms yet. That's obviously a good sign." Crypto whipped out his laser sword and quickly slashed the bars once on the top and once on the bottom. They fell to the ground with a loud thud as Pox hovered over to the others.

Gladys and Phil hurried through and barely got out before the bars reformed again.

"Thanks," Phil said.

Crypto sheathed his sword. "No problem."

"How did you guys get here so fast?" Gladys asked.

"Fast? It's been two days."

Phil almost doubled over before catching himself on Pox's chair. "Two days?!"

"We were asleep for a while, Phil." Gladys's eyebrows danced up and down, like they always did when she remembered something important. "I do have some vague memories of us being in some kind of lab. Magnus must have drugged us."  

"Damn."

"Alright, now we need to get your stuff back," said Pox.

"No we don't." Everyone gave Gladys a confused look. "We need to get out of here and I'm pretty sure it's almost time for Magnus to come check on us. Screw our stuff, let's go!" 

"Those electric daggers cost me a ton of money!" Pox scolded.

"Guys! We really don't have much time." Phil glanced at the doorway, expecting Nexos to pour in.

"Actually we kind of snuck in," Crypto said. "I don't think anyone noticed, yet."

"And we have friends waiting for us outside," Pox added.

A voice came from somewhere in the room. "Then hurry up and get out."

Crypto immediately drew his Disintegrator Ray. "Magnus..."

"What? Is he here?"

Pox spun around and examined the room. "That doesn't sound like him, Crypto." 

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Phil demanded.

"I wish I could."

CLANK!

The noise reverberated throughout the cell block.

Gladys turned to face the red blanket in the corner of the room, taking the shape of a rectangle the size of another cell. She slowly walked towards it with her hand balled into fists.

Gladys yanked off the blanket and revealed a rectangular prism energy shield humming with icy blue electricity.

Contained inside was a very tall, but regular human male with dirt-brown hair perfectly combed to the right. He wore a plain black V-neck that was torn in many places and faded blue jeans. His blue eyes were heavy and bloodshot, enough to make Gladys drowsy and curl up on the floor for a nap.

But he had a mature look to him. This man couldn't be less than forty.

Icy blue electric chains diffracted from the walls of the rectangle and held him up by his wrists. His feet were also chained into a tight ball of humming energy, making his brown loafers almost impossible to see.  

The man lifted his head and fixed his heavy eyes on Gladys. He shook his wrist and sent a shock wave of energy through the rectangle.

CLANK!