TWELVE

"What now?" asked Pox.

Spread out before them was a giant valley made out of sandy yellowish-orange rock. Mountains and pillars of rock loomed in the distance and kept some areas of the planet well shaded. Below Pox and Crypto was a ten story drop into a valley. The valley contained a village of Kalkamans who were all wandering around and going on about their lives as if a giant mother ship wasn't towering over their homes. There were small trees scattered throughout the village, but other than that, there was little vegetation.

Pox's eyes lit up and he unzipped his bag and rummaged through it. "Rope!"

"What? Pox I'm pretty sure police bags aren't magical."

"No not that." Pox pulled out a large coil of rope that dangled into the valley. "It came with the free bags that you found."

"Uh, yea. I found... them."

Pox uncoiled the rope and watched it fall into the valley. "You'll climb on my chair and we'll use our combined strength to lower us down easily."

"Why can't we just hover down on your chair?"

"Because I can only go up and down about eight feet before gravity gets cranky."

Crypto climbed aboard Pox's chair and held onto the metal links holding his brain up as Pox used his PK to place a large rock onto the rope. Crypto used his PK to tie the rope securely to the rock and make sure they wouldn't fall. Pox then began to descend into the valley very steadily with Crypto trembling on the back of his chair.

Crypto stroked Pox's horns and giggled. "You're my reindeer."

"-I will let go and kill us both," Pox growled.

Down below, there were a group of children playing and laughing. One of then was holding binoculars and watching the mother ship. The other kids stopped bouncing a rubber ball and ran over to him.

"Phil? What are you staring at?"

Phil brought down the binoculars. "That ship. Why is it here?"

"...Must be that jerk Magnus."

Phil then scanned the valley with the binoculars and saw Pox and Crypto. "What the?!"

"What?" The other children murmured to each other.

"Do you see this?" Phil asked.

A girl stepped forward from the crowd. Kalkamans were another alien species, like Furons, except they were peaceful and would rather remain neutral in wars. They usually wore tattered robes and lived in villages. Most groups were nomadic and usually the only Kalkamans that settled were either rich or could grow crops and raise livestock.

They had two eyes with pupils like humans and the same size as humans. Their skin was a tan color from all the time spent in the sun. Their heads weren't as big as Furon's but at least they had hair. Every Kalkaman had tan bird-like feet that they had adapted in order to navigate the rocky conditions of Kalkam.

The girl had long black hair and wore a dirty cloth covering her entire body. A small part of her blue jeans stuck out and was the only bright color she had on her. She wore a lavender hairband that kept the hair out of her striking hazel eyes and had purple paint markings on her arms and face. She wore torn Vans on her feet. "Furons don't belong here," she said.

Phil looked kind of like her except he was a boy. He wore the same dirty cloth on him, only his was ripped, and he had wavy golden brown hair and dazzling green eyes. He had no markings on his body however and wore cargo shorts under his cloth that matched his tattered dirty white sneakers. He could really pass off as a human. "Maybe they come in peace?"