TWENTY THREE

Pox pushed through Gladys and Crypto to get a better look. "I saw Crypto's stupid face. What's going on?"

"They're already here..." Crypto replied.

"And he's already inside..." Pox mumbled under his breath.

"Yeah... I don't get that part. It's the center of the galaxy," Crypto explained. "He's just commiting suicide!"

"This is no ordinary black hole, Crypto," Pox began. "This one is far different. It was discovered by Lucius himself, probably the only person in the entire universe dumb enough to go near a black hole, as this is how he died."  

Crypto rolled his eyes. "Oh boo hoo, the poor sap. But hey! Victory for science, huh Poxy?"

"I guess... But anyway, the ship he was on was called 'The Infiltrator' because it would've been the first exploration ship to explore the center of the galaxy. But once they got within range of this black hole, that's when everything went wrong." Pox focused his eyes on the immense sphere, as if imagining the same would happen to them.

"The ship was pulled inside and was never seen again... Furon sent many rescue groups, but they too, vanished. Thus naming this immense sphere of unknown energy, 'The Void.'"

Gladys quickly interrupted. "But how did Furon know it was a black hole?"

"They didn't. We only knew that whatever went near it, never came back. This is the first time I'm seeing The Void."

"And you were keeping THAT from us?" 

The three turned around to see Cynthia, Phil, and Blasto standing near the teleporter. 

"I had good intentions. No one, since Lucius, has ever been dumb enough to go near the void. Look at his ship! He's probably screaming his head off yelling, 'what have I done?!' Although... something really piques my interest."

Pox turned to the virtual monitors and enabled the weapon target. He aimed it at The Void and tinkered with a few buttons.

The target ring suddenly branched off and displayed all sorts of data while the moniter read aloud, "target 1.7 miles away. Weapons out of range."

"No way. The Void would have pulled us in by now..."

"Pox how do you know all this?" Phil asked.

"There were records and documentation on a bot we sent before. The bot contained a camera and a distance count that would count the distance between it and the target. At 8.3 miles away from The Void, gravity began acting on the bot and pulling it inside."

Out of the whole group, Blasto was the only one showing interest in all of this information. "Damn..."

"We should be inside of it by now... What could Magnus be doing?" 

Crypto turned away from the entire void scene and spoke up, "We need to follow him."

Everyone turned their attention towards Crypto, giving him an "are you stupid?" look.

"Yes, we need to follow him," Crypto repeated. This wasn't his first crazy idea.

Blasto stepped forward. "Father... did you not just listen to everything Pox said?"

"I did. But whatever Magnus did it's clearly allowing him to pass inside the black hole." Crypto turned around and got another glance at the scene.

Magnus's ship was almost fully inside with just the rocket thrusters and the damaged tail of the ship where the other half came off, sticking out.