TEN

The hovercraft dropped down without warning. Almost  immediately, Keagan sprang up and clawed at the bottom.

"Down boy!" Crypto roared over the engines. 

It slowly began to descend onto the roof and block out the sun, which was rising into the warm L.A. morning air. Keagan was the first to greet the pilots with a wet lick on the doors to the aircraft. Luckily, they were Furons.

"Hey guys! You called?" said the pilot.

Crypto ran over and thought he'd never been so happy to see other Furons. "YUP!"

Pox unhooked his cerebral chair and hovered over. "Let's hurry this up please. The military is probably going to be here soon."

"Then why aren't the police coming up?"

"Because they're just trapping us inside until they get here. Now come along." Pox opened the doors and hopped in.

"If I had a DNA for every time this happened..." mumbled Crypto. He jumped into the craft and sat next to Pox.

"Wait, what about Keagan?"

"Oh..."

"Who?" asked the pilot.

Pox patted the creature's forehead. "The Kyphinx."

"Uh, we don't transport large beasts, sorry."

"What do you mean? I've seen these exact aircrafts with cages attached to them!" yelled Crypto.

Keagan whimpered in fear.

"Alright then buddy, we do this the hard way..." Crypto pulled out his Disclocator and launched three discs onto its limbs. The Kyphinx swirled around in the air as the discs awaited a target to locate. "We're set! Let's go."

Crypto occasionally looked behind them worried that Keagan would crash into the moon or something, but Pox designed the weapon to withstand gravity, so he assured him that the creature would be fine. The pilots occasionally turned around and shot them nasty glances but Crypto figured it was because they had named that beast.

"We're about to enter hyper jump," said the pilot. "Hold on to something." He fixed his gaze on the space ahead of him and sped up the aircraft. Once they were going fast enough he switched a lever and hit full speed. Rings of blue energy formed within sight of the aircraft like checkpoints in a race. They popped out of nowhere and began multiplying until blue was the only thing they all saw. Pox and Crypto shut their eyes and felt the force push against them as they tightly gripped the seats.

After it was over, Crypto looked behind them but didn't see Keagan. "Hey, he's gone!?"

"Don't worry. The discs will drag him back," assured Pox.

Clumps of asteroids blocked their view until they came into a clearing. Magnus's fleet swarmed the Fourth Ring but the mother ship was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Magnus?" asked Crypto.

"He uh... he invaded Illumopolis..." responded the pilot.

"What?!" Pox almost shot out of his chair but reminded himself he couldn't walk. "When?!"

"When you escaped..."

The aircraft lurched forward and turned straight into the planet. Slowly, they began to descend into Illumopolis and pierce the clouds. Floating about half a mile near the capital building was a huge ship. It was marked with a symbol that kind of looked like a sideways "M:" Σ. 

"Magnus," Crypto mumbled.

Surrounding the city was a thick wall of Magnus's fleet. All throughout the city were other aircrafts flying around and dropping bombs while others fired their guns into crowds of innocent Furons.