mr. hollywood (tom holland)

ib likehemmins on tumblr

summary: you are suppose to meet your boyfriend for dinner but you got stood up and a very unsuspecting guest takes his place.

warning: none

word count 1352

The bustling noise around you seemed to become louder with every minuet. Being more embarrassed than ever as you got pity looks and frowns from every table around you. It wasn't a crowded place, which made it worse.

A small town dinner off of the highway, it was your favorite place because of the chicken nuggets and because it was an old style dinner. It looked like a place straight out of the sixties and you adored it. You and your boyfriend would come here often, he hated it but you got to chose a place every now and then. He was suppose to meet you here tonight but its been over 45 minuets of you sitting alone in the silver and pink booth.

The waiter would look to you every few minuets to see if you were still there. Your cheeks turned a bright shade of pink every time she looked at you with sympathetic eyes. Your phone was on its last strands of life as you texted your lousy boyfriend for the umpteenth time.

You sighed to yourself. About to grab your purse from the end of the booth to leave. This isn't the first time you have been stood up by him, but you stayed because he always had some sort of perfect excuse, you melted into his hands every time he spoke.

You looked up from your purse and started scooting down the seat when a boy you've never seen before came up to the booth and sat down, smiling at you.

"Hey love, sorry i'm so late, traffic is crazy right now," the boy spoke with a soothing British accent. "I'm Tom, just go with it, yeah? Whatever guy was suppose to be with you tonight is obviously a dick." He whispered so only you two could hear.

The waitress looked to you and smiled finally. Your face still in utter confusion at why a guy like Tom was sitting in front of you, voluntarily.  "Can I start you with drinks?" She beamed, happy to see that your boyfriend finally showed up.

You both order water and she walked away with a smile. "So, how did you know I was waiting for a guy to show up? I could have been waiting for a friend, or family." You smirked at him putting your hands in your lap. He was very attractive, probably more attractive than your boyfriend. His hair in soft curls all around his head and a smile so pretty you were in a trance.

"Well, obviously someone as beautiful as you has a boyfriend, and I kinda took a hit or miss. I wanted an excuse to talk to you." He spoke in a delicate voice, placing his hands on the table intertwining his fingers together.

"Ptsh, shut up," You tell him as the waitress brings you your waters.

"Are you two ready to order?"

"Couple more minuets?" Tom asked her, she nodded and walked off. "So, this guy you were waiting for, boyfriend? Friend?" He asked, and as you were about to speak he raised his eyebrows, "Friend with benefits?"

"Ew, no! That's weird," He sipped his water as you gathered your words. "Boyfriend but I'm not sure anymore. It's always on and off with him."

"You deserve better," Tom said out flat looking at you the way everyone always does, with pity.

"You don't even know me, what if I'm a terrible person?" You joked with him. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Then I'm wrong and should leave while I can," You both laughed lightly, "but seriously, he doesn't deserve you."