stranded

I pressed my head against the cold wall, tears running down my face. It was the middle of November, and a rain storm had hit Los Angeles.

It had been a matter of time before my family decided to leave, sending me in to get Starbucks. The second I came out, the taxi was long gone, leaving me stranded hours away from my home.

I wiped my eyes and pulled myself together. Mom wasn't answering her phone and I had no money. There weren't many options.

I sat down at an outdoor table, rain dumping onto me at a surprising speed for California. I watched people walk past me, giving me strange looks for sitting in the rain and crying. I buried my face in my hands, when I heard someone talking.

"It literally never rains in California," the voice said, and I perked my head up, thinking they were talking to me.

They weren't. There was a guy standing at the entrance of Starbucks with an umbrella and a camera, which he was talking to. I had never watched YouTube much, but I could tell he was a vlogger. I watched as he talked to the camera, complaining about the weather, when he turned his head to see me.

I must've looked like a disaster, because he gave me a strange look. "Hang on." He put his camera down, and walked over to me. "Hey."

"Um, hi?" I bit my lip nervously.

"I'm Logan." He stuck his hand out, and I shook it.

"I'm Y/N," I said.

"Why were you crying?" Logan asked, sitting down across from me.

"Oh." I laughed. "It's nothing."

"It's literally pouring and you're sitting outside crying," Logan said. "Clearly something is wrong."

"I just don't have a way of getting home," I sighed.

"I'll drive you," Logan smiled.

"I live in Texas," I said.

"Oh." Logan took a deep breath. "Do you have anywhere to stay? Any money?"

"No," I said nervously. "Nothing."

"Well, you can stay in my apartment with me!" Logan smiled.

"I couldn't!" My eyes widened.

"Seriously!" Logan said. "Just for a night or two while we find a way for you to get back home."

"Wow." I rubbed the back of my neck. "I don't know what to say."

"Nothing," Logan said, smiling. "Let's go!"

Logan led me to his car, which was huge. "This is the Yeti."

"Huh." I laughed. "It's cool."

Fifteen minutes later, we got to Logan's apartment, which was massive and beautiful.

"You can sleep on the couch, or in my bed." Logan said the last part awkwardly.

"I'll take the couch," I laughed. "Thank you."

"Here." Logan tossed me a blanket and pillow.

"I'm going to change." I went to bathroom, closing it shut. I took some shuddering breaths, not knowing what to do with myself. Was I seriously doing this? I put on an oversized T-shirt and athletic shorts, then put my hair in two French braids.

When I came out of the bathroom, Logan was on the couch, eating chips and watching a movie.

"Come join," Logan said. I walked over and eased myself onto the couch, trying my best to be calm.

An hour and a half later, the movie ended, and Logan let me fall asleep.

"I'll be in that room if you need anything," Logan said. He pointed to his bedroom and I nodded.

Within a few minutes, I found myself falling asleep.

"Ah!" I woke up screaming. Sweat was dripping down my arms and legs as I bolted up, hands shaking. My heart was racing and my breaths were short.

"Y/N?" I looked up to see Logan, standing by his door, rubbing his eyes. "Oh my God, are you okay?" He ran over to me when he saw the panic in my eyes.

He tried to calm me down, and after a few minutes, I eased back into bed.

"I'm so, so sorry," I whispered. "I don't know what happened."

"It's okay," Logan soothed me. "Come here." Logan pulled me into a hug as tears streamed down my face. "Would it help to come sleep in my room?"

I bit my lip as I looked at Logan's worried eyes.

"Okay." I exhaled a long breath. "Okay."

Logan led me to his room, and helped me into bed. I made sure to stay on the edge of the bed, and I looked over to see Logan doing the same.

I smiled as peacefulness took over my body, and I slowly fell asleep.

(Comment for pt. 2!)