coffee shop

"Hello, welcome to Brooks Coffee Shop," I said, looking up from my notepad. "What can I get for you?"

"I'll have pancakes." I looked to see a tall blonde smiling at me, causing me to blush a little.

I nodded as I walked off, rolling my eyes at myself.

A few minutes later, the chef rang the bell. "Order up!" She called. "Y/N, can you serve the other table too?"

I bit my lip as I looked down at the tray with pancakes, waffles, an omelette, and three cups of coffee. Because I was new to the job, I felt that it could all go wrong.

"Um, sure." I took a deep breath as I picked up the tray, which seemed like it was going to fall at any second.

I started walking to the two tables, only staring at the tray, when I collided with someone. The food and coffee fell to the ground, the plates and mugs shattering.

"Oh my God," I whispered. I knelt down to pick stuff up, trying not to cut my hand on the glass shards.

"Here." The blonde guy with the pancakes knelt besides me, picking up some pieces. I felt my face flame and tears filled my eyes.

"You don't have to," I said, trying to hide my face.

"It's okay." He stood up after we cleaned what we could, and smiled at me. "I'm Logan."

"Y/N," I said. "I'm really sorry."

"Don't be," Logan smiled. "I don't mind waiting a little longer."

"Um, let me go get you some more pancakes." As I turned away I heard a voice call after me.

"Hey!" A woman screamed at me. "I really need some coffee! Dear Lord, why are all the servers here so clumsy?"

"Leave her alone." Logan stepped in front of me, his arms crossed. "It was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going."

My eyes widened, as I looked around, seeing people staring at us.

"You don't know who you're messing with, buddy," the lady said, her face red from anger. I watched her step closer to Logan, my cue to come out from hiding.

"No, no, no." I stepped in between them, holding up my hands. "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to sit down, or leave."

She looked at me with a stern look in her eyes, before sitting back in her chair, giving Logan the death glare.

"Wow," he laughed. "People really need their coffee, huh?"

"Yeah," I said. "I'd better go."

Twenty minutes later, after Logan and the booth next to him left, satisfied with their new food, I went to collect my tip.

As I picked up Logans, which was generous, I noticed a little slip of paper with a phone number and a smiley face next to it. A smile formed on my face as I tucked it into my pocket, keeping it safe for later.