broken

Song: Believer- Imagine Dragons

I sprinted down the halls, all emotion drained from my body as I slammed the door of the bathroom stall shut. I curled up into a ball on the ground and started sobbing into my arms.

It was just another day within the high school. Just another bully shoving me against lockers or slapping my face. Maybe even fat shaming.

I had reached my limit. Years of this had broken me. Now, I was a quiet kid who hung back in crowds, trying not to draw attention to herself.

A few minutes of crying later, I got out of the stall and cleaned myself up, wiping my eyes rapidly. I emerged from the bathroom to collide with the one and only, Jake Paul. School bully, and I was one of his targets.

"Ah, look who we got here," Jake said, smirking. "Y/N. What were you doing? Crying again?"

"No," I whispered, staring at the ground.

"What was that?" Jake pressed, leaning close to me.

"No!" I raised my voice, looking up at Jake who was laughing.

"This is why you have no friends, Y/N," Jake said, crossing his arms. "You're an ugly wimp."

"Jake, I swear to God." I turned to my right to see Logan Paul, Jakes older brother.

"What?" Jake asked, stepping away from me. "I was just showing her whose boss here."

"Please leave." Logan rolled his eyes. Jake sighed as he walked away, and I was surprised to see him obey his brother. Logan walked over to me and smiled softly.

"I need to go," I said, walking away, my cheeks bright red.

"Wait!" Logan called, grabbing my arms.

"What?" I snarled. "Are you going to call me ugly or a wimp like you're brother? Because I can't stand it anymore!"

"No!" Logan said, frowning. "I was going to apologize for the way he was treating you! Y/N!"

"No," I said, not giving in. "Bye." I walked away, holding my head up high, getting shocked looks from my classmates.