get out pt. 3(long awaited)

I held onto my sons hand, gripping it tightly as we walked around the grocery store.

"Austin, come on," I smiled, pulling him away from the candy aisle. "We can get candy another time."

"But I want some now!" Austin complained, slurring his words.

"Sorry buddy." I pulled him close to me and rubbed his shaggy blonde hair. Of course he had gotten Logan's genes, the hair, blue eyes, crazy personality.

It had been hard at first, but I had gotten used to being a single parent, and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

We walked around the store a little more, and we were about to leave before I heard a voice I knew very well.

"Logangsters-."

I didn't listen to anything else he said before I dragged Austin away from Logan. I felt my heart skip many beats as my breathing got heavier.

Austin had never met Logan before, and to Logan's knowledge I could have put him up for adoption. Logan didn't even know if he was a boy or girl.

"Let's go," I said, glancing at Logan before we checked out.

The second Austin and I stepped back into the apartment, I collapsed against the door, tears streaming down my face.

"Momma?" Austin said, a worried look on his face. "What's wrong?"

"I'm okay," I said, wiping my tears. "Come here." I knelt down and wrapped my arms around Austin.

Days had gone by. The number of times I had run into Logan was mind blowing. Although, he never saw me, I watched from a distance. He was always vlogging, a huge smile on his face.

I never thought I could look at Logan again, but seeing him made me realize something.

I missed Logan. A lot.

•••

"Y/N?"

"Hi, Logan." My hand gripped my phone so tightly. I hadn't expected Logan to answer my call, and the second I heard his voice, I felt my face flush and my hands get clammy.

"How are you?" Logan's voice sounded sympathetic, and I bit my lip nervously.

"I'm alright," I said. I took a deep breath. "Logan, I want you to meet my... our son."

There was a long silence on the line, and I started to think this was a bad idea.

"Wow, Y/N," Logan said. "I don't know what to say."

My heart sunk. "Oh, it's okay, I'm really sorry I asked."

"No," Logan said. "I would love to meet him."

"Really?" I asked, smiling lightly.

"Really."

Logan and I set up the plans, and it was set. The next week we would meet up.

•••

It was the day. I was nonstop pacing my living room, the nerves starting to get to me. Austin was so excited to meet his father, which made me feel much better.

"When is he coming?" Austin asked, a wide smile on his face.

"He should be here any minute, bud."

And I was right. There was a knock on the door, and both Austin and I whipped our heads towards the sound.

"Okay, Austin." I smoothed down my dress before walking towards the door.

I opened it to see Logan holding a bouquet of roses and a teddy bear. It all felt so nostalgic, and I covered my mouth with my hand.

"Hey." Logan smiled at me, and I smiled back. Austin was behind the door, and I pulled him out so he could see Logan.

"Daddy!" Austin screamed, immediately jumping into Logan's outstretched arms.

Logan sighed as he hugged Austin, and he looked up at me. I couldn't help smile.

"What's your name, buddy?" Logan asked, pulling away from the embrace.

"Austin Paul Y/L/N," Austin grinned. Logan smiled as he heard his last name.

"It's good to meet you, Austin!" Logan said.

Austin squealed before jumping back into Logan's arms. "I love you, Daddy!"

I laughed as tears streamed down my cheeks, feeling like this is where Austin and I belonged.

I knelt down and wrapped my arms around both Logan and Austin, still crying. Logan looked up at me and smiled, before resting his chin on Austin's head.

You've all been waiting for this for so long, I'm glad I could finally do it! I was so emotional writing this.