break up

"Hey." I smiled as my best friend walked into Starbucks, a frown on his face. "Logan, what's wrong?"

He looked up from the ground, and stared at my eyes, causing my heart to flutter. Twelve years of being only best friends and I still couldn't get over the massive feelings I had for Logan.

"Y/N," he sighed. "Harley and I just broke up."

Wow. His girlfriend of two and a half years who I hated with all my heart.

"Logan." I frowned, reaching out to grab his arm. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, really." Logan smiled softly. "It had to happen."

I took a deep breath, staring at the ground. I felt Logan's gaze on me, and I looked up to see him smiling.

"What?" I laughed nervously, putting my hair behind my ear.

"You're adorable, Y/N," Logan said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I know you like me," Logan smiled.

"Oh, Logan, I-"

"It's okay," he said. "I like you too."

"Logan, you just broke up with Harley," I said. "Please don't do this."

"I promise you, Y/N," Logan said, grabbing my hands. "I've liked you for a while."

I felt my cheeks flush, and I tried to cover my face.

"Logan." I felt a smile form on my face. "I've loved you for a long time, but I don't want to ruin this. You love Harley, Logan. Go after her."

You started to stand up and walk away, when you felt a strong grip on your arm. You looked down to see Logan getting up from his seat, a nervous look on his face.

"Y/N," he said. "I love you." Before I could protest, Logan leaned down and kissed me, and instead of pulling back I kissed him back.

As we pulled apart I took a deep breath. "I've been waiting a long time for this," Logan smiled, wrapping his arms around me.